So, FINALLY, got me a chassis. It ran me $150 Ext. cab, 2wd, 1994. I got the chassis from this really cool retired mechanic that has a shop connected to his house with a car lift and all kinds of tools. He offered to help me out by turning my rotors, showing me how to rebuild the tranny, etc. He even loaned me his trailer to use and gave me a manual steering box to use. So I got a hella dell and found someone willing to help me out, and a new friend.
Anywho, here's some pics.
Me and my puppy making the hour trip.
Chassis on the trailer.
Chassis under the bug body.
I've got to remove about 27.25" between the wheels. The front wheels aren't completely lined up with the front wheel wells but you get the idea. I'll get to removing the body mounts, cutting the frame off the front where the steering box and linkage bolts up, installing the shorter leafs, cutting the rear of the frame off and last but not least shortening the wheel base. Then I'll rebuild the chassis with new paint, bushings, and brake hoses. Work, work, work...
Here's a pic of the wheels I'll use. They're 1988 Corvette wheels, 16"x8.5". I decided to use the 16" wheels because tires will cost a little less. I plan to have these wheels machined to take care of the curb marks, to make sure they're straight and so they'll look new.
2" aluminum spacers to fit the vette wheels.