Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - V8 1973 VW Beetle Project
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 09:17 AM
VW makes it, Chevy shakes it..

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I couldn't agree with you more Tech. UPS in known for not being good with packages. They definitely need to fix their operations.

Yesterday I called up Summit to find out what I should do about getting it taken care of free of charge to me. The guy at Summit was going to send me a new stud, but I told him I don't have the tools to fix it. Which I don't and really don't want to bother with fixing a new product I just purchased. So Summit help desk said to take it to a GM dealer to see if they'll fix it under warranty. I just called service and asked if they would. They told me pretty much what I expected, "It's up to Summit to take care of the problem and not us." So Summit emailed me a call tag. It's being shipped back at their expense and as soon as they see movement on the tracking they'll send out a new head.

I though it was kinda gay that they just didn't email me the call tag first thing instead these alternatives, but it could've been cause of miscommunication cause he was thinking I needed the parts ASAP.

Either way it was all taken care of. Definitely worth the wait to get it right.