Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - V8 1973 VW Beetle Project
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 10:09 AM
VW makes it, Chevy shakes it..

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for reading my post!

She seems to just not like it when I'm working past eight which is the kiddos bed time. So I just stop right before eight and if I'm doing any kind of grinding or cutting with the sawzall I just close the garage door. So far that seems to be working.

Thanks for sharing the Rotary build, although this was the first V8 bug build I had come across and considered building it. My only problem at this point is $$$. The cost of the steel alone would be expensive, not including the suspension parts and a tranny like that audi 5 Hugo is using (Hugo is that guy building that chassis you sent a picture of). I would love to build that design, but at the moment budget is a big concern which is why I decided to use a S10 chassis and it's simpler for a beginner like my self. Once I have my own garage I'll take on a project like that and then I could use a 220v welder.

I wish I could get a 220v mig welder but the 110v 100 amp buzz box will have to do for now since I don't have a 220v outlet to work from.

Here's a pic of the latest progress on that rear engined V8 bug.