Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - V8 archie ripped me off
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 03:38 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

V8 archie ripped me off

I don't know how many people out there have bought a Kit from V8 archie but let me share in my experience just to let others aware of the actual facts. I have been around car builders and gear heads all my life so i know what I'm talking about!!!
i ordered a LT1 master kit from archie last year and paid over 3500 for it which was ok if i actually got the parts that i was quoted and promised. i was told the day i paid for the kit that he had 90% of the parts on hand and i would receive them in 10 days. he did tell me that his machine shop was backed up 2 weeks and i would have to wait for my axles for a little longer. ok that was fine with me
10 days past and i received 1 BOX nothing near the 90% that i was promised so i called and he reassured me that i would be receiving several more boxes ok fine
the next box did not come for another week then had to wait week after week to receive 1 box at a time after 4 weeks i stopped receiving boxes then it was 6 weeks so i called again and he said that there was a problem with the machine shop and the axles would be 2 more weeks. ok what ever to make a very long story short i didn't receive the axles for another 4 MONTHS plus i still didn't receive the whole 90% till that time. no apology no communication nothing from the man at all i had to call to find out where my parts were. also on the site it says that i would receive a free tach. conversion crystal by buying a master kit, nothing and in the end i still didn't receive all my parts. i emailed him in the end stating i was disappointed with his services and that i would still like the rest of my things and nothing to this day well at this point in time i am very very up set so i proceeded to finish putting my motor in the freezing ********** cold having to get rid of most of his "mounts" because they were a joke and come to find out the axles he sent me were warped and not even usable. i know everything was put in correctly because i had a professional builder that has built hot rods since the 70's help me. V8 archie is a joke maybe if you take your car to him he will give you good service but he totally robbed me. i will never buy anything from this M*************R again and i feel sorry for the next person that does maybe his first generation kits are good i don't know, but my LT1 kit was a ********** joke. anyone wants to contact me feal free I'm not ling about any of it i have receipts for everything even over 10000 that i spent building the motor & tyranny. I even contacted an attorney about the whole situation and guess what it would cost me more just to get my money back than scrapping the whole kit and fabbing a whole new one. so archie from me to you ******* YOU you *********G thief.