V8 archie ripped me off - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 02:38 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

V8 archie ripped me off

I don't know how many people out there have bought a Kit from V8 archie but let me share in my experience just to let others aware of the actual facts. I have been around car builders and gear heads all my life so i know what I'm talking about!!!
i ordered a LT1 master kit from archie last year and paid over 3500 for it which was ok if i actually got the parts that i was quoted and promised. i was told the day i paid for the kit that he had 90% of the parts on hand and i would receive them in 10 days. he did tell me that his machine shop was backed up 2 weeks and i would have to wait for my axles for a little longer. ok that was fine with me
10 days past and i received 1 BOX nothing near the 90% that i was promised so i called and he reassured me that i would be receiving several more boxes ok fine
the next box did not come for another week then had to wait week after week to receive 1 box at a time after 4 weeks i stopped receiving boxes then it was 6 weeks so i called again and he said that there was a problem with the machine shop and the axles would be 2 more weeks. ok what ever to make a very long story short i didn't receive the axles for another 4 MONTHS plus i still didn't receive the whole 90% till that time. no apology no communication nothing from the man at all i had to call to find out where my parts were. also on the site it says that i would receive a free tach. conversion crystal by buying a master kit, nothing and in the end i still didn't receive all my parts. i emailed him in the end stating i was disappointed with his services and that i would still like the rest of my things and nothing to this day well at this point in time i am very very up set so i proceeded to finish putting my motor in the freezing ********** cold having to get rid of most of his "mounts" because they were a joke and come to find out the axles he sent me were warped and not even usable. i know everything was put in correctly because i had a professional builder that has built hot rods since the 70's help me. V8 archie is a joke maybe if you take your car to him he will give you good service but he totally robbed me. i will never buy anything from this M*************R again and i feel sorry for the next person that does maybe his first generation kits are good i don't know, but my LT1 kit was a ********** joke. anyone wants to contact me feal free I'm not ling about any of it i have receipts for everything even over 10000 that i spent building the motor & tyranny. I even contacted an attorney about the whole situation and guess what it would cost me more just to get my money back than scrapping the whole kit and fabbing a whole new one. so archie from me to you ******* YOU you *********G thief.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2009, 04:21 AM
point on positive

Last photo:

That's the coolest first post I've ever seen
Old 02-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

From what I am gathering from your almost illegible grammar and punctuation, is that you are talking about the guy that does the v8 Fiero swaps....Here is a thread.....

My plans for my Fiero.

Might want to look here...

http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi

You could also put a comment in our Company Reviews section....Make it understandable, and watch the potty mouth......it doesn't help with credibility.

http://www.hotrodders.com/cgibin/rls/magpie/do/find.cgi

Budget RVs
Old 02-23-2009, 11:35 PM

LT1 fiero

thank you, if you couldn't tell i'm a little upset with archie he took my money and sent me a bunch of junk, from what i've read online he has a pretty good rep. so i don't know what the deal is except i got took for 3500. but on the same hand everything that you read online isn't always true you can never replace hard work along with trial & error. i don't want to sound like a broken record but i am very upset with him and his service and want to inform others of this i know the fiero is used in alot of kit car conversions and custom projects. i'm just trying to inform people of my experience so they don't have to go through it and if i cause him some grief because of it good! he robbed me he deserves it if he gets enough maybe he'll man up and send me the right "quality" stuff he boasts about on his site but i'm highly doubting i'll ever get that satisfaction
Old 02-23-2009, 11:52 PM

Last photo:

How did you pay for your parts!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:55 PM

i paid by credit card and had the whole thing paid off 3 months before i got the whole kit
Old 02-23-2009, 11:59 PM

i also rebuilt my motor in the time it took for him to get my kit to me and that is with my pistons being on back order for 3 weeks then waiting 4 weeks to get the block into the machine shop and waiting another 2 weeks for that to complete. i ordered the kit at the begining of aug 08 and didn't recieve the "final box" till mid jan '09 and then not all the parts were sent according the quote he gave me or corosponding to what is on his site
Old 02-24-2009, 12:08 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdman
i paid by credit card and had the whole thing paid off 3 months before i got the whole kit
Then you should contact your credit card company about it! Since you paid for parts and haven't recieved them, that should have been your first course of action months ago....once you saw a pattern forming with him!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:33 AM

yep, my mistake by trusting in him, theres nothing i can do now even if i try to have them get my money back, the packages were comming 1 box at a time at first and although i wasn't really happy, i was recieving something then they stopped half way through the kit and by that time i was screwed & he knew that i just didn't realize it till it was to late. so what do you do then you can't call and scream at the dude or he wouldn't send you anything else so i thought i was doing the correct thing by being a civilized person and giving him a chance in the end he still screwed me by sending me the final parts but they were all messed up. maybe i could have or still can get the CC company involved but the laywer i talked to says it would be hopeless for me to proceed with any type of legal action with him or the cc company because the transaction is done and paid for and being an online transaction it is his word against mine and both the court and CC company would dismiss the situation and i would be no where but out of more time and money. this guy knew that he was going to rob me in the begining, i didn't. i'm hopeing no one else gets taken by him.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:38 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

OK We have seen this type of behavior before.

You are not beat.
that is if you really want to get even.

You have the Internet @ your finger tips.
Now your @ the #1 Hot rodding site on the web.

Welcome to HOTRODDERS.COM

Now you can {after 20 posts} post a Company review to warn others of the shady dealing that this guy is doing

#2 you can write a WIKI article on this subject .

THEN you can call up or write or e mail your thief & make him aware that negative advertisement on the Internet is a very aggressive tool & it would be in his best interest to right the wrongs.

If you calm down & think things thru clearly things can be worked out most of the time.

Rob

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 02-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

However..............We will not put up with post after post of running a company down.....The "Company Reviews" section is the place to lodge a complaint, or a thumbs up.........That should get the message across.

Budget RVs
Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdman
I have been around car builders and gear heads all my life .
Me too
Old 03-26-2009, 06:46 PM

Last journal entry: New Carb
Last photo:

I have made several purchase from Archie and have no complaints. My V8 kit was used and he has still supported me and gave me advice when I removed the drive train from the car it was in and installed it in my GT. The body panels I purchased came in as described and he accepted my feed back with a positive attitude.

If you didn't receive all of your parts then why are you whining about it here and not dealing with Archie?

I sent Archie a message and pointed him to this thread. We can wait and see if he can answer your questions.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:13 AM

Last photo:

My V8Archie conversion was completed in 2004. I have had no problems at all with parts or service.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:30 PM

Well I see two of archies boys are here. archie is a very difficult person to deal with. Here is my $17k expirance with him...

PFF
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTM...34-9.html#p347

RFT
http://realfierotech.com/phpBB/viewt...122171#p122171

CFF
http://centralfloridafieros.net/foru....php?topic=3.0

On the positive side I am happy with his 3" choptop... Nothing else.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.