V8 Banana Bike signing in - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2008, 07:30 PM
V8 Biker

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

V8 Banana Bike signing in

Howdy,

Saw my buddies Hawk88, Giancarlo, Dr Joe Ramieri and CrazyMf on here. Also modified my bike to the limits of my capabilities and now looking for more. Put 50,000 miles on it in the last 3 years and here's my maintenance list

What I've done to the V8 Banana Bike

Had a trouble-free ride 5000 mile round trip thru national Parks up to Canada and stayed at CrazyMf's place in Canola farming country. That was neat.

I'm a geek, so have lots of respect for your knowledge in the hot rodding world. My childhood memories are washing parts in parafin, grinding valves and breaking my little legs pressing the brake pedal while Dad was bleeding brakes. Have lots of smart hotrodding friends that have helped me over the last few years. Hope to make many more buds in that field. I know I'm making progress as my wife is complaining about my greasy nails from working on the bike

Here's a pic of CrazyMf on the road in Canada with his 434 Shafiroff

And here's me on my V8 Banana near Banff this year. Did a 5000 mile roundtrip with just me and the wife onboard to Canada from San Jose California this year and had no major trouble.

Cheers
Aldo

Advertisement

Last edited by Hosszz4; 11-10-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2008, 07:50 PM
1976 Ranchero GT

Last journal entry: Almost time for the first drive!
Last photo:

Welcome to the group!

I just don't know how you guys keep those bikes upright....
I might like to try it out some day.
You ride mine,,. I'll ride yours.. Maybe....
Old 11-10-2008, 11:46 PM
V8 Biker

Last photo:

Try it out weirdbeard

Weirdbeard,

Its just a bike...really...once you take the tank off, the plastic sidecovers, it just a frame, a chevy V8 motor, coupla wheels some electrics and a throttle cable. No clutch to worry about, there's only 2 speeds....1st and overdrive and a reverse. Its like a really big scooter, very controllable. The worst thing about it is....once you've ridden one, its over...you have to have one. Its all in the wrist, 1st gear goods for 130mph in 8 seconds or less, Overdrive is good from about 40miles an hour. 80mph cruise rpm is 2400. Bike is long and low and steady, cornering no problem. Even U turns no problem. Just treat it like a bike, dont fear it.

So, be warned about taking a demo ride...you'll want one...my buddy has a license plate that explains how he keeps his bike up....keeps us all laughing I waited 6 years to by mine. Then decided, life's too short, went to Eloan, borrowed 25 K shekels and I'm almost paid off in 3 years. MOst fun I've had with my clothes on in years!

Keeping the bike up...Its 1200lbs, well balanced, low seat heightm beach bars and really well mannered if you treat it sensibly. Dont fear it...show it who's the Boss.

Cheers
Aldo
Old 11-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Last journal entry: Some of the Details
Last photo:

VERY slick !
Old 11-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Welcome aboard !!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.