Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Vacuum Canister?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 04:01 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I can't say I've done it, but if I were you, I'd hook the pcv up to the carbs large tap to spread the pcv gasses to all cylinders instead of just 4, like you would if you tapped into the side of the plenum.
I believe you could tap the plenum for the brake booster, but the wall is pretty thin on the passenger side. Well it is on mine anyways, the driverside is allot thicker but you'd have to deal with the carb linkage. After you drilled the correct size hole for the pipe thread tap(NPT), only run the tap in for a short distance and try your fitting for fit. The pipe tap has a taper to it, so that if you just ran it in a little ways, the fitting wouldn't screw in so far as to be in the way of any fuel mixture flow if you know what I mean. I don't know if it would matter or not, but thats the way I would try it first. Like I said, the wall is pretty thin, and you would have to have a real steady hand or possibly use a drill to hold the tap, but be careful that it doesn't turn too fast and make the threads too deep!
After you got your fitting in the way you want, run a hose to a one way check valve before it gets to the vacuum reservoir, then from res. to booster.
You would have to be pretty desperate before you try what I suggested!
I know what your talking about as far as not having enough clearance for the fitting in the normal place on an air gap intake. I had to buy a 1/2" spacer myself. Don't know if its gonna clear the hood for sure yet.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with a better method. Good Luck!
ssmonty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00437 (Small).JPG
Views:	203
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	38941   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01737 (Small).JPG
Views:	175
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	38942  

Last edited by ssmonty; 06-24-2009 at 04:15 PM.