Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Vacuum line pics/diagram for 305 w/ Qjet?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 09:43 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Vacuum line pics/diagram for 305 w/ Qjet?

Hey, folks!
My 14 yr old has his engine rebuilt, and installed. Now for the hard part: where do all those durned hoses go to?? It's a 305 going into an 86 El Camino, which the previous owners had the forethought to partly dismantle over the years...

So, we have no idea where many of the vacuum lines go, especially those cool little tiny hard plastic ones that are burned in two somewhere in front of the carb.....

'86 305 Chevy with quadrajet, HEI, EGR (what's left of the system), AIR (about half of it, at least), and TH200 (not a 200r4, unfortunately) tranny. I don't know if it is a Cali car or a normal one: I bought it in Misery. Er, Missouri. However you pronounce that state.

Any diagrams, pictures, tips, etc... would be appreciated! We have to get it running enough to move it this weekend, as the City is going to tow it Monday if we don't. So, we'll probably haul it into the garage for a while, then back out after they have forgotten us, so we have room to work on it.

We really need to get this figured out, as we have not yet started the engine yet for breakin! Thanks for the help, folks, and let's hope it starts!
-Joel R