Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Vacuum line pics/diagram for 305 w/ Qjet?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks, Dale

Hey, Good guess! We found the emissions routing tag on the fan shroud, and it is indeed a YCL. Same diagram as the one you posted.

Funny, my son's car has TWO PCV valves, one in each valve cover.... We just plumbed them together into the same vacuum port, and ignored the EFE and its related TVS, since we don't have the smog pump.

The "vac motor" that is mounted on the intake nozzle to the air cleaner housing connects to the heat riser built into the shroud on the right hand exhaust manifold with a flexible metal tube. (As shown on the diagram), but I can't find the EFE. I don't know what it looks like, but there aren't any other components left to hook up to.

Oh! Unless it is that metal valve in between the RH exhaust manifold and the y-pipe! That makes sense: it had some sort of vacuum device attached to it. I took that off and pitched it, since it was mostly frozen and half destroyed.

Well, I think that answers all of our questions: now we're off to finish fishing wires around the engine compartment, so we can try and start the new engine. Thank you SO MUCH for your help, Dale!