Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Which valve cover.
View Single Post
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2013, 07:59 AM
AutoGear AutoGear is offline
Registered User
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 3,848
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 3,099
Thanked 655 Times in 540 Posts
I say narrow it down a little, paint them red and in the middle just over the width of the spacers, do some engine turning on that...just an engine turned accent down the middle of the red trim piece; and cover up that MAP. sheesh LOL

Edit: maybe even just a wide red stripe a little wider than the spacers? Something to break up the flat 'grey on grey' space on top of the valvecover, you're losing a lot of dimension there and its compounded by the fact you've got tons of stuff going on there. Dont go overboards, just something to break it up. Know of a local Pinstriper?

Love the car. How did you do the engine turning? Craytex on a wooden dowel in a drill press?

Maybe you could do a "How To" on the layout and materials for us younger guys to do engine turning?
Reply With Quote