valve cover - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 12:36 AM
Be American, Buy American!

Wiki Edits: 0

Question valve cover

Is there a valve cover that will interchange with the Chevrolet 250 inline six that is like the kind without all the plumbing for EPA junk. I am going to transplant a 250 into the old 216 cradle and would like for it to resemble the old engine as much as possible. I would also like to convert to the serpentine belt but have not found the necessary pulleys and brackets. I appreciate your help on this conversion.

Al

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2004, 04:04 AM

Last journal entry: Body mods
Last photo:

194, 230, 250, 292 from 63 on. Most just have the oil fill and pcv grommet hole, hard to get by with out either of those. You might try Clifford for an aluminum one.
Or maybe just weld a couple studs out of the cover so you can put the old 216 cover over the top.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Be American, Buy American!

Thanks Willowbilly3, I will be going to Pick n Pull tomorrow. This will help me get the right one.

Does anyone know where I might find the brackets and pulleys for the serpentine belt conversion.

Thanks Al
Old 08-29-2004, 11:33 PM

Last journal entry: Body mods
Last photo:

I don't think that engine was around when serpentine belts became popular. But you might try using ones off the V8. It may take a little fabrication and ingenuity but I bet it can be done. Do you have an engine now? They are all good except that later incarnation of the 250. Early 80s they had a head with the exhaust manifold cast into the head and they are junk. I think the short block is OK if you use the old head. If you can find a 194 head they have the highest compression. Those are probably getting scarce. I think they only came in the Chevy2 and for a couple years. I might have seen on in a chevelle. Also I think the 230 was only 2 years also as it was up sized to the 250. The only one that is visibly different to me is the 292. It is taller and you can recognize it because it has taller side covers.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.