Hey, thanks to everyone for the excellent information. I got it going this morning and actually drove that baby around the block. It's an 87 suburban that I repossessed last year from one of my kids. I decided to fix it up a bit and man, that did get out of hand. I ended up switching out the front and rear ends so I could get a ready made 4.10 gear ratio. I replaced all the bearings, races, bushings and u-joints. Then, I ran into the little annoying valve lash issue. Anyhow, it's running now so my next challenge is to get it through emissions. It still smokes even after the stem seals (oh, well, it was worth a try). I really enjoy reading the posts in this group. A lot of you guys really know your stuff. My situation is that I retired this year and I've always enjoyed screwing around with cars so that's what I'm doing. My stuff's not worth anything (67 & 68 Ford pickus, the Suburban and a 69 Blazer) but I have a lot of fun messing around with them. I know just enough after shade treeing for years to do some jobs well and really screw up others. Thanks again. Here's a photo of the Suburban. My wife will be ecstatic to see it off blocks (neighbors too). Thank God I don't have a neighborhood association!