Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Valve Spring Compressor Tool Help
View Single Post
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2007, 10:21 AM
BBCMudbogger BBCMudbogger is offline
Last photo:
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 875
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Typically a tool you use to remove springs from automotive heads looks like a big c-clamp see pic. The type you are showing doesnt have a way to grip the head with the jaws shown unless it hooks one of the bottom coils of the spring. You want one like the second pic that mounts to the stud. I have never seen one like your pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wmr-w89409_w.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	25212   Click image for larger version

Name:	sum-906784.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	25213  
Reply With Quote