Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Vapor Lock?
Thread: Vapor Lock?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 08:13 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Vapor Lock?

Been having issues for the past year but never bothered fixing it , didnt bother the performance of the car...

i have a 305 edel intake, carb 1406, fuel pump, with all edel braided lines from the pump to the carb.

When i start the car in the morning (summer) i dont even need to give it gas i just need to crank it for 1 sec and it starts... idles fine, respond fine

After i've driven it a few miles if i turn it off and start it within 10-15min i only need to crank 0.5sec to get her starting now if i let it sit for 30-60min sometimes more i need to crank it for 3-5sec before it starts...

sometimes ill give it gas so i dont just sit there looking like the car is death and cranking it for fun... but once it starts (with the help of the extra gas from the pedal) it will die after 2sec if i let go of the pedal once its running... which now i have to constantly give gas for it to stay running for the first 5sec...

what causes this problem is it vapor lock (the line is about 1-2inch away from the block as it goes up to the carb.. situated being the water pump), bad choke (carb is 3yr old)...

im still stumped on what is the cause... any help?

Last edited by abas_abas; 06-24-2012 at 08:18 AM.