Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - a very confusing case
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 07:39 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

no they are 1.5 ratio rockers which I believe are stock the only thing after market are the aluminum heads maybe the cam and intake. I didn't get to look at the engine. Yes it is a situation that pisses me off to hear about. As a favor I would like to help solve this situation. It is especially hard since all they would do is point the finger at each other. I do not believe the gas was bad either. Yes If i remember correctly almost if not all the rods and rockers/valves were damaged. the problem is I didn't look at the engine and my buddy says the guy only showed him the bent S shaped push rods which sound a bit fishy to me.

I was with my friend on his last visit to midas before returning to the crate engine guy where the midas guy as a "favor" ran tests and said he had a cylinder plug that wasn't firing and i agreed myself that there was some bad noise as well as excessive engine vibration at idle. the car was lacking complete power. My buddy called the installer guy but the guy seemed quite arrogant and confident in his ability telling my friend to not return untill his 1000 mile warranty oil change was due. In my own inspection I notice the engine installer also installed the engine with a header hitting the frame busting a hole in it. the idiot from Midas also can't even weld exhaust right I helped my buddy with my stick welder to patch things.

I don't know where to point the finger myself since it seems they both are fishy. the only lead I have to go on is the story that the day the car was dropped at midas the first thing the midas guy says to my friend is who dropped this engine in I don't like the way it runs or sounds.

I have conflicts to the thought that the midas guy could have raced it in the middle of a monday afternoon in a span of a few hours wrecking a crate engine on car with no pipes and license plates and then trying to pass the blame so he can try to get bussiness. I might be wrong however hence me trying to get other opinions.

thanks again everyone people like this give all mechanics a bad name

Last edited by rusthater89; 11-30-2011 at 08:03 AM.