Vettezilla - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 10:56 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Vettezilla

Ok I have a slight delima I have built a 410 small block chevy "400 bored .030 and stroked .030" with everything said and done it is dynoed with a tunnel ram and 2 750 Holleys at 836 hp 878 lbft of torque at 7800m rpm I am putting this monster mighty mouse in a daily driver 86 Corvette which I picked up really cheap because it needed alot of tlc mostly interior work anyway long story short should I go thru the trouble of injecting this beast or dropping it in as it sits and see where the dust falls?? A friend of mine said that I may need to inject it or detune it to a single carb to be able to drive it on the street so I am looking for some other suggestions before I deside , oh and for those who are gonna ask the rest of the driveline consist of 3200 stall in front of a R.I.P. Racing 700r4 with a 4.56:1 dana 44 posi with 335/35r17 hoosier tires that measure 29" tall I'm figuring low 9 sec 1/4 mile.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Im figuring high 9s,not being insulting just challenging you to see how it goes,lol. depends on weight and traction.Drop it in. If you can build that much power I see no problem you tuning it.2 carbs can be annoying,,,
The fuel injection can be installed after the engine is in the car.Make sure you put in 1/2" fuel line.Make sure the rear suspension is up to par.My C3 had a trailing are separation due to the big power.I would run the car without a hood until final decision on intake.I bought a 4" scoop hood and with the mirror in the middle I could barely see where I was going. Sounds great!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:22 PM

Thanks for the input ,it is a C4 and I have shaved about 200 lbs of weight that is not needed like jute padding and carpet went with light weight foam pad and custom flease interior with sparco seats and simpson 6pt seatbelts
Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 PM

I am having a aluminum fuel cell built for it approximately 16gal to get the pump out of the tank and also because the factory tank was rotten and plan on running a -10 fuel line about 7/8 id.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:32 PM

your C-4 is a superior car for,,,,everything,lol. I can hardly wait to see how your car goes.I have a 434 single 4 bbl and would like to get a ball park ET for mine. I would add over a second to your time.then factor in different gearing etc.mph of course is the most important part.weigh your car when you are at the track,curious
Old 08-02-2012, 12:50 PM

sounds like you got a good set up your self I weighed it before I started working on it stock gear it was a little heavy in stock dress it weighed 3028lbs but that was with electric seats and cast iron heads so I'm hoping to get it down to about 2700 with the lighter interior , rims , and aluminum heads and accessories on the motor I'm also thinking of relocating the battery to the inside of the car like the C3's use too be any suggestions or unforeseen drawbacks???
Old 08-02-2012, 01:05 PM

read the rule book before relocating the battery. most race cars that have rear relocated batteries have to have an external kill switch.I too use the dart heads.good heads.
where is your closest track?
Old 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM

The closest race track to me is No Problem Raceway second closest is Baton Rouge Dragway I'm in Louisiana

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.