Videos of High HP engines you all might like - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Videos of High HP engines you all might like

Hey all,

Thought some of you might like the videos. Some call it redneck, but I think it is cool as hell! Got them at the local pull a while back.

One is a 4500+HP Blown Rolls Royce, One is a 3000+HP turbocharged Allison and the other is a 700+HP dodge cummins. The dodge cummins does not ever get a fire built. He kept pouring water into it so I suspect the water injection that high boost diesels often use was not working right. I also know he had just put on a new injection pump. I guess tuning a 5.9 with over 100psi boost takes a little time.

The Rolls is a crank driven supercharger with alcohol injection and the allison has two big turbos with alcohol injection. The truck has a compound turbo setup with what looked like an HX40 and an HX50 or a little larger. I have seen it pull when it is running right and it shoots a 30 or 40ft ploom of smoke all the way down the track and it just wicked sounding. If you ever see a flat bed dodge painted like a texas flag.....take the time to take a look or go watch it pull. You WILL be impressed. And, dont challenge him to a street race. I suspect it would run a 10 second quarter on the street based on watching him haul *** out of the pull on the highway.

http://hotrodders.com/gallery/showph...cat/500/page/1

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2005, 04:15 PM
'68 Chevelle Malibu Sedan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Wow thats amazing!

What are they pulling? You'd think with all that torque they could pull that trailer thing a bit further.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

A few years back I did some pulling with basic souped up garden tractors with ag-style tires (look like traditional tractor tire treads not crappy turf-saver/traction hater tires) and we pulled what's called a sled.

It's basically a trailer that has a weight, first it starts off toward the back but as you go down the track the weight moves forward changing weight balance and all sorts of stuff like that.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:17 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

It's amazing how much power they're getting out of the diesel engines in those pickups, even from the factory (the 06 Duramax in the Chevy pickups is rated at 360 hp and 660 lb-ft @1600 rpm ) . I wonder how often that guy has to rebuild that engine.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last photo:

i forgot to say, i dont have any sound from the videos. well i decided to add a couple I found, hmmm no sound on these either but my computer will play music I loaded off cds. (aka help)

http://www.bergerchevy.com/camaross/SSliteemup.htm

http://www.musclecarcalendar.com/New...hemonthIII.htm <bottom right corner
Old 10-07-2005, 08:46 PM

Last photo:

Hmmm, I hear sound. Are your speakers plugged in and/or turned on? Im going to assume you have a windows computer. If you do try going to the start menu, then settings, then control panel, then look for any icons that deal with sound, look through those to see of a mute box is checked or something. Thats all I can help you with there....Im sure theres a computer whiz on this forum somewhere.

By the way, I like those last two videos. They kick *****.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72
Hmmm, I hear sound. Are your speakers plugged in and/or turned on? Im going to assume you have a windows computer. If you do try going to the start menu, then settings, then control panel, then look for any icons that deal with sound, look through those to see of a mute box is checked or something. Thats all I can help you with there....Im sure theres a computer whiz on this forum somewhere.

By the way, I like those last two videos. They kick *****.
after endless cursing and messing with my computer (I messed up settings somewhere) I got sound. I installed upgraded ram and my compy wouldnt (still wont due to the limits of the processor) run it at the higher speed, so I was messing with everything. Meanwhile I also hated the upgraded 'new and dis-improved SBC yahoo internet setup so I downloaded the slightly older version, and now I have no 'back' or 'forward' buttons. I can click in the general area to move around webpages though, so I'm happy now.

that diesel vid is awesome, you can hear that thing bustin its balls out haulin the load down the track.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last photo:

one last thing: that red Camaro is a special Berger dealer modified. giggle giggle.

more car movies...
http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/perfpartsjsp/home.jsp <click on the hotrodders Christmas tree

http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/sounds.html <just soundclips but the Cobra (clone) and the Charger sound evil, well, they all do.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....45D9BFDC&t=top <if I were to ever get a supercar... saleen s7...

oh, I have more, perhaps we should have an 'official posting of links to hotrod movie and sound clips (no crappy ones with the mic too close to the exhaust)' thread.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:54 AM
'68 Chevelle Malibu Sedan

Last photo:

Wow I LOVE that blue '69 camaro sound...*DROOOLLLL*
Old 10-10-2005, 04:57 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu73
Wow thats amazing!

What are they pulling? You'd think with all that torque they could pull that trailer thing a bit further.
The trailer is actually called a sled. That is because of the large flat iron piece in the front that slowing increases the drag as the box comes to the top. If you watch you can see a box start at the back and move to the front. If memory serves the sled can exert around 250,000lbs of drag to stop the tractors. That is why both the big tractors started around the same place.

I am not sure on that dodge engine, but I think the main problem is the clutch. He takes off in a really high gear which is why you see all the smoke go away once it starts moving. When it is pulling right, the smoke keeps rolling more, the pickup kindof arches up in the middle and the tires start spinning very fast and all throwing rooster tails. But, he just could not make it work that night.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:45 PM
DriveItLikeItsSupostToBeD riven

Last photo:

I have a Video of myself doing a burnout in my photo album how do I post it and if I can't I guess you can just check it out there.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:17 PM

Last photo:

http://baraka.tronder.net/filmz/burn...bel%20air!.wmv

Sweet...
Old 10-10-2005, 07:23 PM
DriveItLikeItsSupostToBeD riven

Last photo:

I think I might have figured out how to post my burn out, hope this works. Hope you like it.

http://hotrodders.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16318

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.