Hot Rod Forum banner

the view from my office today

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  whinny 
#1 · (Edited)
to hell with city life , ill never go back.
view from my office today

i grew up 20 mins from nyc never thought it was bad living till i finally landed me a job that got me to travel the country and see what else is out there

See less See more
#5 ·
haha im just glad didnt have to haul the load down the canyon , only had to take a load up the canyon to deliver it , truck/trailer and load tipped the scales at 41,623 pounds

farm i help out does hay , and alalfa

i will say one thing getting out of big city life is a huge stress relief, theres a few things i miss, friends, e-town being 5 mins away,the ocean, everything isnt closed after 7-8 pm, but it just makes u feel so much better not having to deal with all the stress of living in a highly populated area

#13 ·
hot isnt the word to describe this last week ,this was first crop , we will be cutting and bailing again, mid july for grass and end of july for 2nd alfalfa crop

Most of Utah is pretty dry but I have been in some impressive snowstorms there which brings me to my question, is the hay irrigated on your farm? I'm thinking that would be convenient, when we mow hay around here it's sure to bring a rain. :)

I used to run I-70 to I-15 through Utah and go to Las Vegas once a week.
it had actually rained for almost 2 weeks stright right before cutting, everything on the farm is watered with wheel lines and circulars , water comes from the stream out of the mountians and also wells on the property

if it doesnt snow alot during the winter water is very scarce

#12 ·
Most of Utah is pretty dry but I have been in some impressive snowstorms there which brings me to my question, is the hay irrigated on your farm? I'm thinking that would be convenient, when we mow hay around here it's sure to bring a rain. :)

I used to run I-70 to I-15 through Utah and go to Las Vegas once a week.

#15 ·
100 here too

Up here in eastern Idaho its so hot I will have turn the pivot irrigation back on Monday but heat and water will really make the second crop grow. Last year it rained every day in august and ruined a lot of our hay stacks. heat and moisture causes a composting process to start and it generates a enough heat to actually start a fire. I was checking the hay stacks and saw smoke coming out of the center. The buyer had left his tractor-loader and I had to tear the stack apart and found charcoaled ends on 4 bales.

#16 ·
Up here in eastern Idaho its so hot I will have turn the pivot irrigation back on Monday but heat and water will really make the second crop grow. Last year it rained every day in august and ruined a lot of our hay stacks. heat and moisture causes a composting process to start and it generates a enough heat to actually start a fire. I was checking the hay stacks and saw smoke coming out of the center. The buyer had left his tractor-loader and I had to tear the stack apart and found charcoaled ends on 4 bales.
yup ive sen them catch fire , second crop grows so friggen fast here because of the heat , that is as long as theres enough water , when im out there tommorow ill take a picture of the same field again most will be amazed by how much its grown back in the short time already

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.