Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   General Rodding Tech (
-   -   Vintage Air System in 56 Chevy Pickup (

Piston1 05-23-2012 11:25 PM

Vintage Air System in 56 Chevy Pickup
Anyone have pictures of the condensor & dryer installation in their truck? I've got the condensor mounted but the radiator will need monifications to fit back in (aftermarket US radiator, 4 core). Plus the dryer & lines I recieved don't seem to fit according to their instructions.

ogre 05-24-2012 09:52 PM

i have the same radiator as you do, ordered from brothers, drop shipped from us radiator.
this is how the lines fit from vintage air on my 58

the lower line will not attach to the dryer and the upper line did not go thru the factory hole
i lowered the condenser using other brackets that came with the kit, not the ones for the 55-59 truck
line up the condenser to allow the upper line to go thru the factory hole, by lowering it.
then i made a hose with the right ends on it to hook into the dryer
the dryer is right on the other side of the hose 90* and mounted to the radiator support
i think they mix parts in the kit, if your set up looks like mine

Piston1 05-31-2012 10:33 PM

Thanks for the reply & pictures ogre. Mine is slightly different as it is a 56. The dryer bracket mounts on the outside & I'm guessing it sticks through one of the 1-3/4" holes I need to cut in the support. The upper line seems to work but I can't seem to figure out the lower line. It sticks out way too far & it looks like the dryer mounts on the outside of the support. There's no way the grill will go on like that.

Once I figure out how to post pictures I will.

Piston1 05-31-2012 11:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think I got it...