Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - vintage mag wheels
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey Russ, 62 is my favorite year for Corvette, I just about owned one in the early 70's, I was trying to buy a 37 Chevy 1/2 ton and a 62 Corvette at the same time and both the guys that owned the vehicles had the same last name...My mother took a message from "some guy named Wolfe said that he accepted your offer"...I was closer to the deal on the 1/2 ton and phoned him and said, so you accept my offer ($117.50), he reluctantly said yes so I bought the truck...I found out 3 weeks later it was the guy with the Corvette that had phoned me and when I asked him about the car he told me that he had called but I never phoned back and he sold it. One of those deals that I'm still kicking myself for assuming. But, I did get a killer 37 Chevy.

I now have a 59 that's been tucked away for years that I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet...I'll get to it in the next 2 years but it's #'s matching and all there so it will probably be a frame off back to original.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you but don't let go of the 283 easily, good ones are getting hard to find.

If you need any help or information when it comes time to do your paint and body or just want input let me know and I'll be happy to offer any advice I can.

Hope somebody Id's the wheels for you.

Ray