Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Viscosity questions
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 12:37 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sorry, seemed to ramble on in the original post. I was trying to test out my turbine sprayer to see if it could atomize the paint well. When it did it successfully, I decided that I had too much orange peel from overreduction (or maybe underreduction...but I wouldn't want to go past the 50:50 mark). The question was: how viscious (thick) is auto paint (BC/CC or SS) compared to the viscosity of Rustoleum enamel?

I was wondering if anyone has ran both through a ford or zahn cup or if anyone remembered how much they had to reduce the rustoleum to get it to spray and how much they had to reduce mfg x's auto paint.

I'm definitely not spraying my car with rustoleum, but trying to get an idea of how well auto paint will spray out of the gun based on the different viscosities. I might just end up biting the bullet and dishing out some cash for a single stage can then going for it. If it laid down the rustoleum on the scrap metal decently, it has to lay down auto paint better if not as good..ya?