Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Engine (
-   -   vortec conversion ? (

slim69 11-08-2004 08:10 PM

vortec conversion ?
I'm swapping an early style 350 for a 97 truck block vortec in my 49 ford coupe.
What alt. bracket do I need for v belt drive on the right side with a long style water pump.
I am also installing a zz4 roller cam with .494/.509 lift onstock heads. spec articles say modify the valve springs and seals. Two of my friends are running that cam with no problems. Are they just lucky. Car is a street cruiser only.

MI2600 11-08-2004 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Unless there is some difference between the Vortec and the standard engine, you should use one of these type brackets.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.