Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - vortec or world s/r torquer heads?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 12:22 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have toyed with that idea of going the 327 route too......but being human and never satisfied, I'd wanna go all the way and have the 350 crank or even the monster 383! The only thing in the 307's favor right now is that the pick up that it's in weighs very little, about 1250kg's (2800 pounds?), and scoots along quite nicely thank you very much. The pick up is not unlike your El Camino and in fact, fooled a Canadian friend who thought it was just that. We have a few importers over here that sell used engines and parts. I might inquire. I'll give you an example of what we pay over here (Aus currency). Vortec heads $1100 or $1350 for upgraded ones. $350 for a performer manifold. Crane camshaft $300+ and not including lifters. Chevy high performance magazine $10.00......your price? $3.99. When you add 25% for the currency loss and freight there still should be change left over. Anyway, I did myself a favor and bought $200 US worth of parts from Northernautoparts which came to $295 Aus including $35 freight. Was at my door step in about 31/2 weeks. Now if they could ship those heads over I'd be over the moon! I've heard your comments about the Pro Lightning heads. Is that founded yet? Or is it just that no one's accepting these foreigns items ( they're from New Zealand I believe). Looking at some engine combos, I've seen the sportsman II heads to have much more performance capability for not much more cost. I reckon they would be the trick and would be ideal for if ever I choose to go up in cubes. Bye for now. Rob