Hot Rod Forum banner

VOTE NOW FOR YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST WOK, IMAGES GROUPED TOGETHER RUSTY / RAT ROD TRUCKS

• 1 : ) brickyardboy entered 3 images

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 2 : ) mud bros entered 3 images

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 3 : ) evil dead entered 3 images

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 4 : ) 57Corvette 1 Image

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 5 : ) Artist 2 Images

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • 6 : ) KENMO entered 5 images

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 : ) johnnyjalopy entered 3 images

• 8 : )Valkyrie5.7 1 Image

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 : ) Only Racing 1 Image

Vote Now Rusty Trucks / Rat Rod Trucks Hotrodders Art Contest April / May Edition

19K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  johnnyjalopy 
#1 · (Edited)
Vote Now Rusty Trucks / Rat Rod Trucks Hotrodders Art Contest April / May Edition

IMPORTANT !!! Please Note This Is Page One Of Two Posts POST 1 ARTISTS 1-5, Board restrictions Doesn't Allow This Many Images In One Post SEE THE POST 2 BELOW FOR ARTISTS 5 Through 9 CONTINUED PAGE 2

First off, Congratulations to all the artists involved, great work on a two month project !!, Seems Rat Rod Trucks are in, so is this contest which begins now under the title of Rust Bucket / Rat Rod Trucks Hotrodders Art Contest "April / May Edition". Entries are posted in order of date entered; some artists have more than one image and will be grouped together and voted on as a group of images. Contest will end in 5 days as the polls close automatically and a new champ is crowned. The new champ gets the option to choose the next contest title and content or vehicle description. Good luck to everyone involved and of course have fun, all the artists are member here and it's a clean fun contest for all ages.

See the artists work below, vote on "What You Like" as art is in the eye of the beholder!! Comments are always welcome with Voting, please don't tell who you voted for though and as always try not to vote for yourself.

Some Artists have multiple (Poll and title will reflect this) or larger images so please view them in larger size as these have been optimized for the web and faster loading of the page, Links are below the images if there is a larger image.

1 : ) brickyardboy
Streetbeasts lawsuit donor

Member "brickyardboy" has been adding images to this contest for quite some time, his style id that of hand drawn, painted which is a rarity these days, a refreshing look at an artists style with not digitalizing. "brickyardboy" has entered 3 images for voting!

Link For Larger Image
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/brickyard-rusty.jpg

2 : ) mud bros

Member "mud bros" takes a look at rust buckets with photography. As a photographer myself, I can appreciate the hard work trying to capture "crops" to highlight the area's and find these cars and trucks. "mud bros" has entered 3 images for voting!

3 : ) evil dead

Hand drawn "inked" and posters is what "evil dead" as entered this month, Cool sketches and poster art makes for a nice little differences in his portfolio for voting this month. "evil dead " has entered 3 images for voting!

4 : ) 57Corvette
Rat Rod Studios

One of the winningest artists here "57Corvette" surprises us with only 1 image, usually posting more than two, he is Rat Rod studio's which is his forte'. Digitalized artwork we've seen topple so many other artists work with his own style of creation

p

Link For Larger Image
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/57Corvette-1.jpg

5 : )Artist
In the game is member "artist" with two images for voting on, I myself cannot tell if this is marker / watercolor or both combined, but I can tell you it's another hand drawn exhibition of art in a very different idea, mainly focusing on before and after subjects. We’re glad to have his input for this contest.

Link For Larger Image
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/artist1.jpg

IMPORTANT !!! Please Note This Is Page One Of Two Posts POST 1 ARTISTS 1-5, Board restrictions Doesn't Allow This Many Images In One Post SEE THE POST 2 BELOW FOR ARTISTS 5 Through 9 CONTINUED PAGE 2 BELOW

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
PAGE 2 CONTINUED ARTISTS 5 THROUGH 9

6 : ) KENMO
Small Block Chevys Rule!!!

Kenmo drops in 5 images for voting this month with different media, photos, rendering and so on. His photos take on a look with digital manipulation mimicking what us photographers call the "tilt shift Effect" though done digitally after the image was taken; the effect is prominent making the images look almost "toy like". His artwork represents his usual entries; digital rendering in various programs which he gives his detailed descriptions of them and links. Very "out of the ordinary Programs" and work is highlighted in this manner.

Link For Larger Image
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/kenmo5.jpg

7 : ) johnnyjalopy

Member "johnnyjalopy" has been in many of the competitions with his own style which is very distinctive using acrylics, oils, painted by hand on different media, this time it's on wood backings, and canvas. Very creative and colorful they stand out when it comes to a true artistic form. "johnnyjalopy" has entered 3 images for voting!

8 : )Valkyrie5.7
white knuckle tight

Valkyrie5.7 adds one image to the contest, a hand drawn piece of art in a sketch style, uncolored yet has a very nice flow to it. A bed less older truck is always a favorite of the members here.

9 : ) Only Racing
On The Ragged Edge

Only racing has one single image, since I begin the contests I really have not much to say about my work other than I try, using only Photoshop and some images combined, anyone can get similar results in Photoshop simply using shapes, polygonal Lasso tool and the airbrush. I 'm certainly not even qualified to be more than OK at it but with a little time, you can create images in PS with little to no knowledge in PS. I love the old COE trucks and tried hard to get one in here, this is my varsity try, a 56 F600 COE Snub-nose named SNUBBY

"SNUBBY'S Hauling" COE.

Wallpapers: Larger Images
1440X960 - http://content.godragracing.org/hotrodderstruck-1440x960.jpg
1024X768 - http://content.godragracing.org/hotrodderstruck-1024x768.jpg

Now Please Vote And Have Fun !!

#11 ·
Congratulations Ron !! I can't remember if this is a first time entry into this? if it was a really huge win !!

Now please choose a subject or theme and we'll get another going !!

Thanks to all who participated, a great month for art by all of you guys and really fun !!

#12 ·
Contest

Yes this was my first entry and I must say I am very surprised and humbled. I would like the next contest to feature a 'T'-Bucket-29 or earlier. Rat Rod or a regular conversion, however, I would like to introduce some theme to the drawing - i.e. something like what "Rat Rod Studios" does. -Good Luck and thank you for the support. -Artist (Ron)

#13 ·
Artist said:
Yes this was my first entry and I must say I am very surprised and humbled. I would like the next contest to feature a 'T'-Bucket-29 or earlier. Rat Rod or a regular conversion, however, I would like to introduce some theme to the drawing - i.e. something like what "Rat Rod Studios" does. -Good Luck and thank you for the support. -Artist (Ron)
A great choice Ron, I'm at a loss for a theme but it's been over 8 months since we did T Buckets and personally I missed out on it, so I'm game. How do you feel about Hot Rod T Buckets "Any Theme Any Style"

Lemme know and I'll get it started ASAP. And would the members like to have it run for two months again, or do it in one month ??

BTW, don't be humbled, Your art was well worthy and extremely interesting, this is what makes it fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.