Vote in the September 2013 Hot Rod Art Contest: End of Summer - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Vote for the best art in the September 2013 Hot Rod Art Contest: End of Summer
57Corvette 1 16.67%
brickyardboy 1 16.67%
carbman 1 16.67%
CrashFarmer2 1 16.67%
Job~Rated 0 0%
kgdesign 1 16.67%
lincoln highway jony 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Vote in the September 2013 Hot Rod Art Contest: End of Summer

.Voting time for the September 2013 Hot Rod Art Contest. This month's topic was End of Summer.

All entries are listed below, in alphabetical order by artist username.

Winning artist receives a $50 gift certificate to Speedway Motors, and choice of topic for October's contest.

Thanks for voting!

--------
57Corvette (1)

57Corvette (2)

----

brickyardboy (1)

brickyardboy (2)

brickyardboy (3)

----

carbman (1)

----

CrashFarmer2 (1)

CrashFarmer2 (2)

CrashFarmer2 (3)

CrashFarmer2 (4)

----

Job~Rated (1)

----

kgdesign (1)

----

lincoln highway jony (1)

lincoln highway jony (2)

lincoln highway jony (3)

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 04:56 AM
Artful Dodger

Last journal entry: From behind
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sux-way tie!

Damn, that's gonna be expensive for somebody....

I suggest we put this months comp down to experience & move on.

Thoughts?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Last month there where several people that kept bumping this thread back up to the top...We did get more interest and substantially more votes. I suppose, to prove a point, I, for one, didn't do that this month. It would appear that out of sight, out of mind comes into play here. Not every one checks hotrodder's every day to see what's going on and this thread get's dropped down in the 2nd, 3rd and lower pages.

Is there a better way to keep this in the forefront of the members? I personally enjoy seeing all the talent and others must as well...when this thread is in front of them...they vote....and comment. I would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.

Ray
Old 10-01-2013, 06:41 AM

Last photo:

Ray, your efforts don't go unappreciated, believe me. Thank you.I'm disappointed as well. Last month I asked Jon to make the art show header in the "lounge" a sticky, and he did, and seeing that the lounge receives many more views on a regular daily basis, I made an appeal in a thread there, asking members to please come over and view the great art work on display. Last month was the largest voter participation in my memory, so I guess if we stir the pot to create interest, it works. This month, I sat back and didn't follow through when I should have.
To break the tie, any one of the participating artists can cast their vote and declare a single winner, but I, personally will not, because I like all the participants, and do not want to show favoritism to any one individual. And, although all the artists involved has the right to vote for himself, again, I, as an individual will not do that, because I think that's unethical, especially if you're attempting to sway a contest your way. Just my opinion.
I'm hoping that Jon bears with us while we make an attempt to get this show back on track. And, finally, thanks a bunch, Jon, for providing us struggling artists a place to show our stuff!

Bill
Old 10-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

I appreciate and respect the fact that you aren't voting Bill, to me that does show a lot of integrity.

As I mentioned, last month I tried to "bump" the thread daily to generate more interest because, as I mentioned, not every member looks to see what's happening on this site every day and this thread may get dropped to the older pages...and that's understandable.

However, if the thread is in front of members, they do vote, last month was classic example and the art work is great and should be appreciated. I even found my self not thinking about it nearly as often this month (even when I consciously was not going to bump the thread to show what happens when it's not in front of people).

To me, it would appear that a sticky in the lounge isn't the answer...the answer may be to keep bumping the thread...or during the week of voting, have it on top of the 1st page...in a different color than the most recent post to a thread...to catch the eye's of the member's. I'm no different than anyone else, I look at the category and then post to the type of thread that I feel I can be of most benefit, have the most interest in or may learn the most from....having this thread in plain site over the course of a week I'm sure would help.

I would also like to thank Jon for affording the people with artistic talent on this site with a venue to showcase their ability.

Hope this discussion will lead to a better turn out of voters.

Ray
Old 10-01-2013, 07:04 AM
Artful Dodger

Last photo:

I would have atleast expected the other participating artists to vote. Maybe the regulars noticed this too & thought "If they ain't gonna support their own show, why should we?"

It's frustrating, but understandable.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:14 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job~Rated View Post
I would have atleast expected the other participating artists to vote. Maybe the regulars noticed this too & thought "If they ain't gonna support their own show, why should we?"

It's frustrating, but understandable.
Not to sure about that....I didn't realize that the artist's could vote until Bill mentioned it and as I mentioned, I respect that...let the masses decide...all 6 of them.

Also, "why should we" if the artist don't vote? I look at the count of the number of people that look at the thread...this month it's around 320...surely it's not only the artists and 6 other people looking at the thread 320 times in one week. Why aren't they voting? It's a matter of clicking on the artist that they feel is best or like the rendering the most. To me, it would appear as apathy and often people don't appreciate something until it's gone.

So, for any people that are reading this thread and this post....VOTE...support these guys, it takes less than 2 minutes (unless you have a computer like the one I have in my house...than expect to wait about 5 for the pictures to load...LOL...I voted on the computer in my shop)

Ray
Old 10-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

It's too bad the numbers dropped again this month ......... like Ray said, 300 views and 6 votes just don't add up. Not sure how Jon wants to handle this as far as a winner goes, but for me, I'll drop out of this contest. I don't want to have a six way tie and have Jon give all of us the $50 prize.

Since it's already October, we need a new theme ...... in the past it has always been Halloween Hot Rods, any style, any age. I'm OK with that if the other artists are. If not, then we need to come up with a theme soon.

Congrats to all those who entered last month and hope to see a great turn out in October .........
Old 10-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Artful Dodger

Last photo:

You're right, Bob. I did say it'll be expensive for somebody, but the smiley should tell you I was only joking. Being in the UK makes it difficult to take advantage of the prize anyway, so if I win or draw in future, I'm more than happy to let it roll over to the following month(s).

So, let's pick a topic & get back to what we do best.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job~Rated View Post
You're right, Bob. I did say it'll be expensive for somebody, but the smiley should tell you I was only joking. Being in the UK makes it difficult to take advantage of the prize anyway, so if I win or draw in future, I'm more than happy to let it roll over to the following month(s).

So, let's pick a topic & get back to what we do best.
Oh, I know you were .......I'm just saying that with only one vote, I don't want to get a prize. Maybe if all agree, we let this months prize rollover to next month .......
Old 10-01-2013, 01:24 PM

Last photo:

I totally agree. Let's forget the prize this month and get on with it. As Bob mentioned, Halloween is a great subject matter for October, so I'm all for that. Hopefully, the other entrants will chime in and offer their opinion. I'll do my best this month to promote the contest!
Old 10-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Well guys, you can count on my vote...I really appreciate the talent...do we keep bumping the tread a couple times a day like last month...that seemed to get some results?

Ray
Old 10-01-2013, 02:29 PM

Last photo:

Hey Ray, we'll "bump and grind" 'til we get it right!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

LOL...any music to that?...LOL...My wife and I prefer 50's 60's rock.

Ray
Old 10-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Ken Gibson Design

Last photo:

Great job from everyone!!!!

I say forget the prize this month, and something to do with Halloween this month.....

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.