Voting Starts Now, Augusts Hotrodders Art Contest "Rust Is A Must" - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Voting Starts Now, Augusts Hotrodders Art Contest "Rust Is A Must" Place Your Votes
GrafixxMan Rusty Wicked Pro Modifieds 2 9.09%
omega's High Dynamic Range Rusty Rod 3 13.64%
fortypickupís Classic Rat Rod Illustrations And Line Line Art Included four Images 3 13.64%
Bill-E-BoB's Garage Days Rat Rod Photo Manipulation 1 4.55%
buggman's slammed chopped and customized BIG Rust Rod 1 4.55%
BOWTIEKID's Salt Lake Flats Rat Rod Star And Firebird Three Images 0 0%
rodder18 / deadbodyman's Chopped Works 0 0%
57corvette's "Rat Rod" of Doom 5 22.73%
iroc100's Model Car Diorama Rust Rod 3 13.64%
Doodlers Street "Rat Rod" Wild Illustration 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Voting Starts Now, Augusts Hotrodders Art Contest "Rust Is A Must"

Voting Starts Now, Augusts Hotrodders Art Contest "Rust Is A Must"

Last month we had a special tie going for the Chevelles contest with 57 Corvette and Doodler both agreeing on what the majority voice expressed as what the subject would be for this months contest, Rat Rods, and Rust is a must was the subject. Granted it's a wide variety of the wording but we feel the artists captured the "Spirit" of the idea well and have loaded you down with ten entrents images ad works to vote from this month. It's a ful house playing feild.

As A Side Note, because of board poll restrictions, Rodder18 and Deadbodyman have been combined since I'd like to see all of the entrants have a chance and polls have a max voting of ten, Until John upgrades this, I think it is all I can do and also for myself I let others go ahead of me and took myself out of the competition for some new blood to come in. The artists took on a large task of this car culture and made thier visions come to you via Hotrodders.com Art contest.

It's now up to you to stop in and vote, take a good look at all the images, vote for your idea of what you like since art is in the eye of the beholder and enjoy the members works !!

Images Are in Order of Submissions, Some Have More Than One !! In their entries so please take a close look at who you vote for and all images submitted have been resized for quicker loading and a link has been placed below the smaller image to view the original memberís submission, some are much larger and details in smaller images become more evident in the large versions.

Voting begins on August 28th Midnight and runs for 5 days as the message board poll will close automatically. The winner of the contest will choose the next "Subject" of The Hotrodders Art Contest" for his efforts.

1: GrafixxMan Rusty Wicked Pro Modifieds
GrafixxMan jumps into the contest with his renderings in photoshop of not one but two exceptional pieces of artwork, again his highly detailed work as an artist can be appreciated in his renderings of real cars brought back to life in art through computer graphics, Always a tough one is choosing which one you like best to vote on his images, both are equally well done and include the best he has to offer in his style which has no comparison when to comes to photoshop

GrafixxMan Rusty Wicked Pro Modifieds 1

Click The Link to View artistís larger original images
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...fixx2large.jpg

GrafixxMan Rusty Wicked Pro Modifieds 2

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...fixx1large.jpg

2: omega's High Dynamic Range Rusty Rod
Skills for omega are abundant when it comes to HDR manipulation, many try this form of photo manipulation but fail to succeed unlike Omega, his standout images are highly recognized here as the way of blending various exposures to create one image that stands out as a manipulated photograph and a one off creation

omega's High Dynamic Range Rusty Rod

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...gahdrlarge.jpg

3: fortypickupís Classic Rat Rod Illustrations And Line Line Art Included four Images In All
Each Moth, Fortypickup keeps raising the ilustration bar with classic works of art that most will know takes extreme amounts of time and efforts, he always adds to it when he can the internals of the image before it's colored in which shows the details and progression of this type of illustration, a bit intimidating when you see the immense details of each image. This stuff is way past an advanced level and it shows !!

fortypickupís Classic Rat Rod Illustrations And Line Line Art

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...rtyslarge1.jpg

fortypickupís Classic Rat Rod Illustrations And Line Line Art 2

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...tyslarge1a.jpg

fortypickupís Classic Rat Rod Illustrations And Line Line Art 3

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...rtyslarge2.jpg

fortypickupís Classic Rat Rod Illustrations And Line Line Art 4

4: Bill-E-BoB's Garage Days Rat Rod Photo Manipulation
Brand New this month, we have a newcommer to this contest in the form of photo manipilation by Bill-E-BoB. A taste of dark lighting and burned in highlight created to make an image that is as informative as it is creative in dense colors and expression or feeling of standing right there as this shot was taken yet manipulated enough to feel you were in a custom magazine shoot. There's an air about this image that is definalety one of a ind to our newest contestants style.

Bill-E-BoB's Garage Days Rat Rod Photo Manipulation

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...BoB1alarge.jpg

5: buggman's slammed chopped and customized BIG Rust Rod
Buggman has been in this area before but correct me if I'm wrong, this is his first entry with help from others to crerat his own car in a special chopped and slammed version with photo manipulation.

buggman's slammed chopped and customized BIG Rust Rod

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...gman1large.jpg

6: BOWTIEKID's Salt Lake Flats Rat Rod Star And Firebird Three Images Included
I kinda feel firly dumb as I find out now, Bowttie kid isn't some 16 year old, lol My mistake Bowtie, lol. His renderings as posterized art are great images for food for thought in an experssive way to use filters and posterization to an image, Great effects and some different looks make up a strong entry this month for Bowtiekid and his renderings.

BOWTIEKID's Salt Lake Flats Rat Rod Star unblurred

BOWTIEKID's Salt Lake Flats Rat Rod Star blurred
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...idblurred1.jpg
BOWTIEKID's Firebird Rust Machine

7: rodder18 / deadbodyman's Chopped Works
Rodder 18 has been in this section many times congratulating winners, adding input and more over supporting this show as much as he can, he never has an unkind word and was involved in the choice of this months contest alot with his suggestions as to content. Both He and Deadbodyman seemed to have collaborated on images and since the board restricts more than ten poll entries, I felt the need to combine these since they seem to have a pretty good repore' on Hotrodders as friends, Also thanks to Shane for the use of his background image for one of the pieces of artwork. Many images are included since these guys like all forms of rats rods and stages of builds through photo manipulations and some graphics included. Six Images In Total

rodder18 / deadbodyman's Chopped Works

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...der18large.jpg

rodder18 / deadbodyman's Chopped Works 2
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...er182small.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g.../rodder182.jpg

rodder18 / deadbodyman's Chopped Works 3
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...hetorchdbm.jpg

rodder18 / deadbodyman's Chopped Works 4
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...newridedbm.jpg

rodder18 / deadbodyman's Chopped Works 5
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...dshaveddbm.jpg

rodder18 / deadbodyman's Chopped Works 6
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...odders/dbm.jpg

8: 57corvette's "Rat Rod" of Doom
Again, member 57 Corvette stuns the voters with a wild creation of photo manipulation and graphics to complete a package that will make you look deep for all the intricate details of this artists imaginations and creativity, clear, precices and clean images have been his trademark over the many contests including his past winner choice for the last months contest, this form of artwork seems to be a "One Of A Kind" and particular to 57 Corvette, I see no other variations of this style anywhere so it's a standard that seems to be one that most can't duplicate easily, and the ight offering from this member.

57corvette's "Rat Rod" of Doom

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...smalllarge.jpg

9: iroc100's Model Car Diorama Rust Rod
Our first time and and Iroc100's first entry is another form of art we can all appreciate in one way or another, model cars. This is an art form many have worked with over our years, no matter what age you are, you have tried to model. This member now adds to the flavor of the contest by giving you a complete diorama setting for his rusty rod model car, complete in all aspects that make diorama's what they are, miniature versions of art you can actually touch. Highly detailed and capturing the full aspect of rat rods and rust is a must, four images in total.

iroc100's Model Car Diorama Rust Rod

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g.../iroc100_2.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g.../iroc100_3.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g.../iroc100_4.jpg

9: Doodlers Street "Rat Rod" Wild Illustration
Last months co winner "Doodler" must have had this one up his sleeve or he really found time to create a work of art that so many here have come to appreciate as one of the entrants to look for in each contest, A complete illustration from pencil or pen to the scanner then into a graphic program to get the final result you see. An imaginative version of hard work and the spirit of the contest with emphaisis on all aspects of the creative design techniquies, from top to bottom, all is included, subject, background and fonts; this was an undertaking for sure and well worth the time. another strong entry from Doodler.

Doodlers Street "Rat Rod" Wild Illustration

Take time to drop in a vote and choose what you like best, this is fun and games, all voters are welcome to sit in on this and see the outcome. Enjoy !![/QUOTE]

Please excuse any mistakes in my designations of artwork styles, This one was tough in trying to get as many in as posible with board constraints in polling.

Sincerely Mark

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 12:42 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

OK guys, the polls are open, this one should be good.

I have to let you guys know that some of the images are not in full view again because of board restictions, It was the first time I saw the error or message saying I had too many images on one page and it would need to be altered, this is the best I can do, Any Administrator could help with this and if they are looking, they need to widen the scope of this contest or we will have to limit it to two submissions per person, and I'd hate to see that.

Sincerely Mark, have fun guys and enjoy, may the best man win !!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:57 PM
No substitute for cubic inches

Last photo:

great turnout this month and another great job by OR setting it up. The time and effort shows gor all the entries.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:42 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Junkie
great turnout this month and another great job by OR setting it up. The time and effort shows gor all the entries.
Thanks Junkie, I only wish I had more options with the board for the polling and amount of photos I can add with image tags. I'd like to see it opened up to 20 per poll and unlimited amount of image tags since I host them myself after the entries are in.

I'm not a mod or admin so I can only use what they allow for all the forums and it's a safe bet that it's restricted a bit to stop many ways of spamming.

As for the turnout, it was great, again all forms of work by different artists make it very interesting in all. More should hop in and vote.

These pages are getting quite a bit of views and I know the artists are only doing this for fun, so props to them, they deserve a little definition of their work.

Sincerely Mark
Old 08-31-2009, 08:23 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Wow, this one's tight guys, congrats so far, looks like a major league seasons end as all the teams struggle to win that last game. What a great differance of ideas and artwork. I hope all of you come in and vote for someone, it means alot to have something and I congratulate those that don't vote on their own artwork, it's the only way we see a really cool expansion of thoughts that lead to the next tournament.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:54 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Congratulations to 57Corvette, the new winner of this months "Rust is a must" Contest winner, well earned victory and this one was close with the runer ups also, very tight and a special mention to our newcomer Iroc100 for adding into the mix a model car which came in the final three for a first time entry.

It's now up to 57 Corvette to choose the neest subject of the September version of the hotrodders art Contest.

To 57 corvette, please post your preferences here and If you would like to start just create a flashy tile and post up your choice, on a side note, I've had many requests for a "Year / Model Specific" contest if that helps any.

Septembers Hotrodders Art Contest "Your Choice Goes Here" and you can quote one of my posts and use the wording or I'll take care of it for you if you like.

Sincerely Mark
Old 09-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

September Contest ...

I think we had another great turn out for August .. and thanks to those who voted for me, really much appreciated. I would like to extend an offer to BOWTIEKID to see if he would like to pick the subject for september. He has been a great supporter of the art contest each month. If he doesn't want to pick one, then I will. What do you say Bowtie??

Bob
Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 AM

Last photo:

Question????

I've not been on this site all that long, and as you most know, I'm really into HDR photography.. What you may not know is I really like buicks.... Seings as I'm fairly new to the site, has Buick ever been a contest theme.. I'm talking Skylarks, GS, GSX, and older buicks.. I'd love to see that.

Maybee I should step up my game a bit and win??? We'll see, got so amazing talent here...

Dave
Old 09-05-2009, 08:02 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Corvette
I think we had another great turn out for August .. and thanks to those who voted for me, really much appreciated. I would like to extend an offer to BOWTIEKID to see if he would like to pick the subject for september. He has been a great supporter of the art contest each month. If he doesn't want to pick one, then I will. What do you say Bowtie??

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega
I've not been on this site all that long, and as you most know, I'm really into HDR photography.. What you may not know is I really like buicks.... Seings as I'm fairly new to the site, has Buick ever been a contest theme.. I'm talking Skylarks, GS, GSX, and older buicks.. I'd love to see that.

Maybee I should step up my game a bit and win??? We'll see, got so amazing talent here...

Dave
Bob and Dave, that's great to offer someone a chance at choosing the subject and add input. Have to say that this last one really got attention so lets keep the ball rolling and do something special. If BowtieKid is listening please drop in something or 57 you can go ahead and get the party started.

This being Labor day weekend some may be away from their comps till maybe Monday so we'll allow Monday as a deadline and the artisits can start, whatever you guys choose, I'm sure it's gonna be a tough one coming up so get your comps, paper and pencil camera's and what not in shape. !!
Old 09-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Wolf in Hot Rodders upholstery

Last journal entry: Tail light issues
Last photo:

Congrats 57corvette...nice job!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortypickup
Congrats 57corvette...nice job!
Thank you Fortypickup ......appreciate it. If Bowtiekid hasn't come around by Sunday evening, I will pick a car for this months.

Bob
Old 09-05-2009, 12:49 PM
3rd gen gear head

Last photo:

Sorry fellas, I've been busy last few days. 57, I'm very thankful for you offering me the pick for this month. Though, I respectfully decline your offer. I feel that I should win the art contest to pick. Again, thank you very much for the chance. But, I think one of these days I will win. Then I will choose.

Oops! Almost forgot, Congratulations... Hope this month will have as many great entries as last month.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTIEKID
Sorry fellas, I've been busy last few days. 57, I'm very thankful for you offering me the pick for this month. Though, I respectfully decline your offer. I feel that I should win the art contest to pick. Again, thank you very much for the chance. But, I think one of these days I will win. Then I will choose.

Oops! Almost forgot, Congratulations... Hope this month will have as many great entries as last month.
No problem Bowtie ..... I will start a new thread with this months contest. Looking forward to a lot of great entries again this month. New thread can be found here: Septembers Art Contest '69-72 Buicks .....

Bob

Last edited by 57Corvette; 09-05-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.