Voting Starts Now!! "Halloween Hot Rods" Hotrodders.com Art Contest October. - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Voting Starts Now !! Octobers "Halloween Hotrods" Hotrodders.com Art Contest
GrafixxMan Graveyard Camaro 3 9.68%
DeuceRon "Midnight Deuce" 9 29.03%
57Corvette's "Don't Fear The Reaper" 6 19.35%
fortypickup's "The Great Pumpkin" Street Rod 3 9.68%
brickyardboy's "Haloweenies Toons" Three Images In All 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 02:08 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

WOW!! I'm both humbled and honored that you appreciated my artwork, especially considering that there were so many other super entries. Thank you, guys and gals!

Seeing that the next U.S. holiday is Thanksgiving, how about centering around that theme? I can see a lot of potential "funnies" developing there! Native American Indians, Pilgrims, turkeys and hotrods? As usual, I will have to draw one up, which should be fun. Maybe someday I'll purchase some graphic software that'll help me graduate my artwork to the next level. Any suggestions as to what's a worthwhile product that a computer-challenged dummy like me can comprehend?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardboy
WOW!! I'm both humbled and honored that you appreciated my artwork, especially considering that there were so many other super entries. Thank you, guys and gals!

Seeing that the next U.S. holiday is Thanksgiving, how about centering around that theme? I can see a lot of potential "funnies" developing there! Native American Indians, Pilgrims, turkeys and hotrods? As usual, I will have to draw one up, which should be fun. Maybe someday I'll purchase some graphic software that'll help me graduate my artwork to the next level. Any suggestions as to what's a worthwhile product that a computer-challenged dummy like me can comprehend?
Brickyard, congrats again, A Giving Thanks Theme could be a cool idea, I kinda hinted that in the beginning of the poll I think but may have been a bit subliminal, lol.

It's up to you, cars based on a bird would work well, they never made a turkeySS I don't think. Firebirds, Thunderbirds, and others. Still just some idea's
Old 11-02-2009, 08:06 PM

Last photo:

Pontiac was an indian chief as well. And Pontiacs are often referred to as tin indians because of knafel pontiacs race history. But then again, you got the whole plymouth rock thing as well.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenseth17
Pontiac was an indian chief as well. And Pontiacs are often referred to as tin indians because of knafel pontiacs race history. But then again, you got the whole plymouth rock thing as well.
I stand corrected, that is a great idea, we have never done an all pontiac or pontiac "RIP" excellent suggestion.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:24 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Dear Brickyard, it's getting late in the month, please make your suggestion towards the next contest or we'll have to default it to begin to allow members time to create something with Thanksgiving coming up it may cause it to be shorter than we would like it to be. Most of the contests finish on the 26th or 27th and the poll alllows for 5 days of voting.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:54 PM

Last photo:

Can we stick with the Thanksgiving theme, call it "The Thanksgiving Turkey Run" and let the artwork flow? It should be Thankgiving holiday related, and definitely have a car theme. I'm hoping I have some time to do one of my own LOL. If you think that we may run into a time limit with this one, then how about a Christmas theme? There's lots of possibilities there, and more time allowed to pump some work out.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:59 PM

Last photo:

OK, I did a pencil/marker drawing that I thought was cute. It's based on the theme that I mentioned, using my '35 Desoto Airflow as the turkey catcher. Maybe I'll color this one to see how it stands.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	turkey dayuse this one for hot rod forum.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	41728  
Old 11-03-2009, 07:14 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Brickyard, that does sound like a good idea, but we would like a car model and I believe it was mentioned that a pontiac is considered a Indian type model and also includes birds like the firebird too. I will create a full explanation in a new post where the artists ca drop in their work to be voted on, and we had a great Christmas bout last year so hoping to make it a tradition of sorts. This will be a short month I think so lets get on it !!

I think the Christmas deal will be another anything goes as far as I can see, I may even add a special donation to this at the end of the year for the winner, runner up, and third place.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:39 PM

Last photo:

Congrats Brickyard!! Excellent artwork!

Ron..
Old 11-09-2009, 03:09 PM

Last photo:

Thanks Ron. I'm hoping that I can produce some graphic work in the future, and enter the 21st century. These other graphic artists on this board are unbelievable!

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.