Voting Starts Now!! "Halloween Hot Rods" Hotrodders.com Art Contest October. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Voting Starts Now !! Octobers "Halloween Hotrods" Hotrodders.com Art Contest
GrafixxMan Graveyard Camaro 3 9.68%
DeuceRon "Midnight Deuce" 9 29.03%
57Corvette's "Don't Fear The Reaper" 6 19.35%
fortypickup's "The Great Pumpkin" Street Rod 3 9.68%
brickyardboy's "Haloweenies Toons" Three Images In All 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 06:45 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Voting Starts Now!! "Halloween Hot Rods" Hotrodders.com Art Contest October.

Voting Starts Now!! "Halloween Hot Rods" Hotrodders.com Art Contest October.

Member 57 Corvette has been reigning down a column of wins as of late with his unique style of art and photo manipulations combined, the winner of last months Buickís Contest, 57 Corvette chose a Halloween Theme based contest guideline for the members to create, design and do more with than we could have expected.

The usual suspects again entered their artwork with some surprising new contest entrants you will see below and have the option to vote on, creativity has run amuck in this one, itís all great work and allot of fun on this coming holiday weekend for the devilish designs of the Hotrodders art contestants.

Images Are in Order of Submissions, Some Have More Than One!! In their entries so please take a close look at who you vote for and all images submitted have been resized for quicker loading and a link has been placed below the smaller image to view the original memberís submission, some are much larger and details in smaller images become more evident in the large versions.

Please feel free to place your votes, this is a fun and enjoyable form of creativity that we can all appreciate and keep as a download or an image for thought and reasons to try when you can.

Voting begins on October 27th and runs for 5 days as the message board poll will close automatically. The winner of the contest will choose the next "Subject" of The Hotrodders Art Contest" for his efforts.

1: GrafixxMan Graveyard Camaro
This one here may be the quickest ride out of the graveyard yet, and eerie design featuring a wild looking second gen Camaro smoking it tires out the gates of heydes with a vengeance. Graphixxman is the first to enter into the contest this month with his blood red Camaro and his own 666 devilish styles of line work created in Photoshop combined with excellent use of fades, brushed and this time textures

GrafixxMan Graveyard Camaro

2: DeuceRon "Midnight Deuce"
I'm not quite sure if this is Deuce Ronís first submission but if it is, where has he been !!, An awesome creation of his own car in a graveyard setting put into a background using photo manipulation and use of black and white or hue desaturation. I'm sure his ride next to his name in his avatar is thinking this is pretty cool also. A dark message from the deuce in a wicked way. Transformations like this require allot of blending and cutting to get the depth and angles just right, Deuce Ron nails a winner in this one.

DeuceRon "Midnight Deuce"

Click The Link to View artistís larger original images
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g..._halloween.jpg

3: 57Corvette's "Don't Fear The Reaper"
Again, 57 Corvette commits to an entry but after his initial rendering he chose to leave his first one out opting for this fear inspiring rendition of a wild ride in the setting of the harvest moon with the scarecrow asserting himself s a reaping figure over the main image of an early ford iron. This blending mode of colors, backgrounds, and line or edge highlighting gives this a deep rich glow in almost a 3d perspective with shades and hues of a pumkin. Another winner of tough creation from 57 Corvette and his astonishing work with photo manipulations.

57Corvette's "Don't Fear The Reaper"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g..._halloween.jpg

4: fortypickup's "The Great Pumpkin" Street Rod
Someone, somewhere in time had this thought in their mind for a cool hotrod, some people are really into the Halloween spirit when it comes to stuff like this. It almost looks like it may have been sitting around on Barris' desk just waiting to be built as a rendering. Back in the 50's and 60's this was not uncommon to see artists create wild cars not featuring bodies of a particular vehicle but more of a set in design illustration they would later turn into either a real car or a toy for the masses. This one heads straight to the toy shop counter for hot wheels if you ask me, nice clean lines, a cool perspective, a mean looking stance and of course a great pumpkin to ride in rendered in a illustration of line work and computer color painting.

fortypickup's "The Great Pumpkin" Street Rod

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...reatPumkin.jpg

5: brickyardboy's "Haloweenies Toons" Three Images In All
Welcome a new contestant, brickyard boy; he dropped a bag of hand drawn candy on the Hotrodders art contest with these three halloweenies as he calls them. Cartoon renderings done in colored pencils I believe he said, a lost form of art which in this arena is definitely not out of place. Just dropping the pencil down onto the paper is the hardest step, once there Brickyard boy seems to just flow with his idea and bring it into perspective with nice coloring, a good feel of line vs. color and of course he stops the viewer in his tracks to look closer at the details. A fine example of hand drawn artwork for this months submissions, there are three of them included

brickyardboy's "Haloweenies Toons" Creepy Casket Cruiser

brickyardboy's "Haloweenies Toons" Wild Pumkin

brickyardboy's "Haloweenies Toons" Pumkin Launch

Please stop in and vote guys, it's a good set of choices from the artists that frequent this contest, all the members have a good time, drop one in as a wallpaper for you comp or just enjoy the view.

Voting ends in 5 days after the poll goes up so here's to the champ of the Hotrodders.com Art Contest of September. Enjoy !! The winner will again choose the next "Subject Of The Hotrodders Art Contest For November", A month of Giving Thanks, hint, hint.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
3Deuce Speedshop

Last photo:

Beautiful work across the board guys! I'm really having trouble deciding.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:55 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodler
Beautiful work across the board guys! I'm really having trouble deciding.
Same Here !!, looking at all this cool halloween stuff and knowing Grafixxman is really the devil, lol Tyler.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Guy's y'all all did a great job, And in my book, y'all are all winner's..
Old 10-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Very cool seeing all the entries lined up, one after another...... great work by everyone. And another great job by Mark with his awesome descriptions of everyone's work .....thanks Mark, nicely done.

Bob
Old 10-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Once again, you guys blow me away! I admire artistic people, I have no artistic talent whatsoever, I love these contests! Mark, once again, wonderful job, the ability to write these contests like you do is like having our very own talented professional, in house. Good writing along with your eye for the art makes me take a second look at things I may not have noticed, me being art impaired.
Now, just a thought, would it be possible to throw a calendar together, too late this year, I realize, but how about 2011?
Dan
Old 10-28-2009, 03:44 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Once again, you guys blow me away! I admire artistic people, I have no artistic talent whatsoever, I love these contests! Mark, once again, wonderful job, the ability to write these contests like you do is like having our very own talented professional, in house. Good writing along with your eye for the art makes me take a second look at things I may not have noticed, me being art impaired.
Now, just a thought, would it be possible to throw a calendar together, too late this year, I realize, but how about 2011?
Dan
Dan, I was so tired after writing the first one then forgetting to save it, t was really alot better than that. I write for a few magazines and some websites but this stuff is just plain fun to do, the guys make it easy, this time I'm gonna drop something in there this month.

I hope all the guys realize i'm trying to have some fun too and maybe help with some art and discussion, it's popular these days to get away from things with any style of art. The best part is I keep saving all these and they are like my little artwork by friends album.

A Calendar is always still a possibility, as a matter of fact, it can be done in less than a week if Jon would use a service out there I've used before, it's proffesional and hotrodders has to do nothing other than upload the pics.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:58 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Oh man, what a bunch of great entries. I wish I could vote for them ALL.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Great stuff guy's, I love them all. ....Cole
Old 10-30-2009, 10:02 AM

Hot Rod Art

A Very hard choice to make!!!!!! GREAT JOB PEOPLE... 327 350 hp
Old 10-30-2009, 07:57 PM

Last photo:

Halloween Picture

Old 10-31-2009, 08:33 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

It's great to see so many voting on this and a diverse amount of art concepts that show the artists views the members enjoy, great contest guys, a tough one again !!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:03 PM
3Deuce Speedshop

Last photo:

congrads Brickyardboy! Very nice work.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Congrats Brickyardboy's ...... a much deserved win.

Bob
Old 11-02-2009, 01:30 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Congrats To Our Newcomer Brickyard Boy, awesome work and great fundamentals creating a cool set of artwork.

This months choice for the new contest is now in Brickyardboys hands.

Just pick a subject model of a body style or theme. I'll create a new thread if you like to add it here and this will start off Novembers session of the hotrodders.com Art contest

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.