Voting Starts Now July Hotrodders.com Art Contest 50's / 60's Gassers, Diggers - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Vote Now For Hotrodders.com Art Contest July Edition
1: ) johnnyjalopy, Racing the Sun, Dragging Dusk, Speed in Primer 6 37.50%
2: ) 57Corvette, Dropping The Flag, Nova Holeshot 4 25.00%
3: ) Doodler, Clay Roadster Dimensional Distortion 4 25.00%
4: ) brickyardboy, 60's Face Off, Henry J Old Skool 1 6.25%
5: ) fortypickup, Classic Henry J Vector Art 0 0%
6: ) Only Racing Black and white Nova Study 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010, 11:56 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Voting Starts Now July Hotrodders.com Art Contest 50's / 60's Gassers, Diggers

Voting Starts Now July Hotrodders Art Contest 50's / 60's Diggers, Gassers, Funny Cars "Anything Goes"

Well we are heading into the 8th month after this July contest of 2010 where the winner "Johnny Jalopy" took the contest by storm last month choosing to do 50's / 60's Diggers, Gassers, Funny Cars of all kinds as the "Subject Matter" in an anything goes competition for July. The winner again will choose the subject and gain a 25$ gift card from me as an added bonus, which I will try to up it more and continue as these go along.

Winners will have five voting days after the polls open and will close automatically with a new winner crowned for the month and chooses the subject.

Entries are posted in order of date inserted in the forums, some artists have more than one so please make sure you visit all the images in large sizes marked with a link below them and place a vote for your favorite "In Your Eyes", art is open to interpretation to all !!

Next month we will begin another contest and the tradition continues at hotrodders.com via the artist’s participation.

See the artist’s entries below and vote as you please!! This one is very hard !!

1: ) johnnyjalopy

Johnnyjalopy includes 3 entries:

Johnnyjalopy jumps right into the fray with an image / images designed to show emotion in many different aspects through his artwork, I had stated before I didn't know his media he was using and Johnny was forthcoming in explaining it to me. His medium used to be hand drawn on paper but had been trying his talents on a PC tablet in an airbrush style, it's very hard to tell since they take on the look of watercolors or oils. His entries have been going over extremely well as this month he drops in three different images for the contest naming them aptly for the subject.

Racing the Sun

Dragging Dusk

Speed in Primer

2: ) 57Corvette
Rat Rod Studios

57Corvette includes 2 entries:

57Corvette's style is one in a very few that have their own look and feel using digital creation on a computer, there are many fine details and excellent merging of layers, plus dodging and burning methods to create this very interesting artwork via his own unique style. His accolades are many Hotrodders art contest winners circle appearances over the years, this month he's chosen to stick to what he knows and completes the picture as well as he always does with clear defined images, precise cutting and aspects where the car or subject fits well into the backgrounds.

Dropping The Flag

Click The Link Below To View Artists Larger Original Image:
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...57corvette.jpg

Nova Holeshot

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...57corvette.jpg

3: ) Doodler
3Deuce Speedshop
Streetbeasts lawsuit donor

Just when we think we've seen all of Doodlers talents, he comes up with a "Clay Model" rendition of his skewed artwork but in 3 dimensional form, this is no play doh, but true sculpting in clay, his one dimensional renderings have been a hit as well as his sketches, now he throws in a totally different aspect of his skills. With his entry this month he doesn't move away from his artistic transformation just allows you a look at many dimensions of his creativity. This I believe is the first time we've seen this style of art and Doodler is one who loves competition so he is showing other members that art can be almost anything in this contest, there’s no doubt I see a contract coming soon for him if he continues his work like this (as long as the kids don't mess with them as play toys, lol ), maybe we'll see his own line of products soon at a toy store!!

Clay Roadster Dimensional Distortion

4: ) brickyardboy

Brickyardboy includes 2 entries:

Brickyard is one who prefers getting out the pad and pencils to create some visually stunning hand drawn work, his "themes" capture moments in time of what the subject matter is about in each contest. Harder than we ever think is picturing the image and putting the pencils to the paper and coming up with winning renditions of what he see's in his perception from his first thoughts. These images are the base of all hot rodding art in many ways and clearly define his use of media in each image. Colors, lines, feel, it's all there and makes for some beautiful artwork.

60's Face Off

Henry J Old Skool

5: ) fortypickup
Wolf in Hot Rodders upholstery

First we want to wish forty pickup a happy birthday and now onto his work he submitted. As he always does, his illustrious are computer generated and with all his entries are exceptionally clean and well liked amongst the members. This time his choice was a Henry J Gasser, easily on of the favorites amongst the members here. This little Henry J is a complete black and white "Thick" design using defined lines, and deep black area's to make this image virtually a collage of rich appealing high standards for any illustration out there. Closer looks at this piece of artwork shows the reflections and attitude of an artist that knows where to stop without overdoing it, it's a perfect example of vector based art combined with talent many take years to accomplish. Forty has done it well !!

Classic Henry J Vector Art

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...ssic-forty.jpg

6: ) Only Racing
On The Ragged Edge

Since I have seen many different forms of art in this contest, I consider photography as artwork in many ways, not only capturing an image but creating a tone or feel of the vehicle and the times which is what I basically do in my spare time, This month I thought I'd try something different with a photograph study in black and white using the color channels and not simply desaturating it from n image I took in 2004, the car itself is one of my favorites as all box nova's are. This image reminds me of old times with my brother towing our 57 to the line and bump starting it while taking Polaroid’s. Equipment used Canon d30, 28-105mm lens shot at Atco raceway Nostalgia drags.

Black and white Nova Study

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...lack-white.jpg

Enjoy The Competition guys and most of all HAVE FUN !!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

All I can say is..Awesome !!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:44 PM

Last photo:

Tony's Gasser

Forgive me guys, This is my first posting, I hope it all works ok.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shailer 9 signed.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	46999  
Old 07-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Graham, welcome to the group .......nice work on this. We're now in the voting process for this months contest, but hope you will add some of your work for next months contest. Who ever wins this month will choose the subject for August. Check back when ther's a winner and see what the artist chooses for next month.

Bob
Old 07-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Great work, I voted and it was tough as usual.

Cole
Old 07-27-2010, 11:18 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Wow, nice little battle going on with the top three contestants !!, Welcome Graham, hope you get in on the next competition with us !
Old 08-01-2010, 05:54 AM
No substitute for cubic inches

Last photo:

Well atleast I got to vote in this months contest. Way to go guys a lot of good stuff and a hard choice again with all the different styles, they are all winners

Tony
Old 08-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Congrats Jalopy and to all the artist who entered this month .....nice work by all.

Bob
Old 08-01-2010, 12:19 PM

Last photo:

Thanks Bob!......That one was fun. killer stuff buy all...thanks to those who voted......Jalopy
Old 08-01-2010, 01:03 PM

Last photo:

Good win Johnny. What do you have in store for next month?
Old 08-01-2010, 01:32 PM

Last photo:

thanks brickyard....any suggestions? got lots of ideas...Jalopy
Old 08-01-2010, 09:32 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Congrats Johnny, Please feel free now to suggest or choose your topic or subject for this month and I'll begin the thread ASAP. Your art and all the others was fantastic this month, truly one of the hardest to choose from !!.

Also, please "PM" me with your addy and i will get the giftcard in the mail right away. All your information will be kept confidential and deleted afterwards to respect your privacy.

Sincerely Mark
Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjalopy
thanks brickyard....any suggestions? got lots of ideas...Jalopy
How about orphan brands that are long gone. Or, a rendition of a 30's luxury classic (like Dusenburg, Cadillac, Chrysler, etc.) that has been transformed into a wild street rod, but still retains its identity. Another could be to create an all out Barris-like custom. Now my head hurts from thinking too much!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:55 AM

Last photo:

ok here is my pick
Your Favorite beverage Hot Rod transport. So crazy beer trucks, Milk vans,Wine Barrel rigs, whiskey runners, soda cars.....anything that can transport your yummy drink what ever that is....Jalopy
Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
3Deuce Speedshop

Last photo:

Congrats Johnny!

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.