• Only Racings Hemi Cuda "Drag Toon"

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • 57corvette's Cuda Images There are 4 In All

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Doodler's Line Art Illustration AAR Cuda

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • omega's HDR Cuda Photo Imaging

• fortypickup's Cuda And Barracuda Illustrations, 67 "Street Mopar" Barracuda, 2010 "Cuda Concept Art"

• GrafixxMan's "Bounty Hunter" Pro Mod Cuda Photoshop Illustration

Votes: 5 20.0%

Voting Starts Now, June's Hotrodders Art Contest "Cuda's Anything Goes"

34K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Only Racing 
#1 ·
Voting Starts Now, June's Hotrodders Art Contest "Cuda's Anything Goes"

Last Month, Hotrodders member fortypickup reined supreme in the final voting count of the Anything goes Mustangs Contest. For his efforts, he was given the opportunity to choose the subject for new and older members of the June Hotrodders Art Contest "Cuda's, Anything Goes, Any Year". With such a short production of this car, the choice of the members was going to be obvious, the 1970's style body, but a few older slipped in also. The Plymouth Cuda, lends allot of flavor to an artist since Plymouth gave this car sleek lines, brilliant colors, great additions to the bodies, scoops, spoilers, wings, you name it, and various killer graphics to make it even tougher to modify something this cool. The members didn't let you down this month at all, something is here for everyone.

So Please, you are invited as a member to stop in and vote for your favorite piece of art, from full out illustrations to photo manipulation, it's a menagerie’s of art seen through the eyes of our members and put into the contest for your enjoyment.

Images Are in Order of Submissions, Some Have More Than One !! In their entries so please take a close look at who you vote for and all images submitted have been resized for quicker loading and a link has been placed below the smaller image to view the original members submission, some are much larger and details in smaller images become more evident in the large versions.

Voting will begin on June 27th Midnight and run for 5 days as the message board poll will close automatically. The winner of the contest will choose the next "Subject" of The Hotrodders Art Contest" for his efforts.

1: DVierstra's Cuda Illustration, Brillaint Rendering
DVierstra has been missing from competition for some time but comes back in big style with the first entry of the month and a brilliant one at that, colorfull and powerful image and illustratrion is his priority. This is high quality work in detail.

Click The Link to View artists larger original images
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/DVierstra.jpg

2: BOWTIEKID's Trans Am Cuda Photo Manipulation
This young man's work is increasing in detail and historically correct views through manipulations with various filters and combination of styles to bring the only original trans am era Cuda to you.

3: Only Racings Hemi Cuda "Drag Toon"
My Cuda Entry, An Image made from various layers of different photos and merged into one, I call them Drag Toons..

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/cudafinalwallpaper.jpg

4: 57corvette's Cuda Images There are 4 In All
Hotrodders.com member 57 Corvette lays out several versions of Cuda's for you in this post because of poll restraints, all images are combined into one vote. His artistic photo manipulations seem to many to be a mystery in many ways, a combination of high quality photo, line art, dodging and burning of colors and renderings in various ways, his style is one you don't see often in photo manipulations.
Image 1 of 4:
57 Corvettes Bad and Blown Cuda

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/RedCuda57.jpg

Image 2 of 4:
57 Corvettes One Sexy Cuda

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/CudasAreSexy.jpg

Image 3 of 4:
57 Corvettes Mean Purple Cuda "Smokin"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/purplehemi.jpg

Image 4 of 4:
57 Corvettes 71 Hemi Cuda "Fish Outta Water"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/1971HemiCuda.jpg

5: Doodler's Line Art Illustration AAR Cuda
Doodler again nails the ultimate line art transformation of a Cuda, clean dense line work, original palete colors, detailed distortions create one cool example of his expected works in the contest arena. Doodler doesn't let you down when you expect something cartoonish yet very stylish from a designers standpoint.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/Doodler.jpg

6: omega's HDR Cuda Photo Imaging
Many people now have a chance to observe High Dynamic Range through Omega's eyes and programs, a complex way of combining many different exposed versions of the same image to bring out definition, density, and brilliance in this version of camera work.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/cudahdr.jpg

7: fortypickup's Cuda And Barracuda Illustrations
Last months winner, fortypickup chose the ontent of this months contest and as you see his experiance with different sstyles allows him great flexability when it comes time to compete, his wild Mustang last month is a total reversal of that style to show another side of this artist and his talents. A more pure form of rendering images with his own style, the 67 barracuda and his "Concept" 2010 Cuda" are extreme in differentials and artistic ambition of showing his work. Clean, precise and well applied schemes complete him as an artist. BTW, Forty was the only one to toss in a non 70's version.

Fortypickups 67 "Street Mopar" Barracuda

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/fortypickup67Cuda.jpg

Fortypickups 2010 "Cuda Concept Art"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/fortypickup2010Cuda.jpg

8: GrafixxMan's "Bounty Hunter" Pro Mod Cuda Photoshop Illustration
Every once in awhile GrafixxMan drops in to show is skills in photoshop and his drag racing background combined to prove that he is one of the best there is in this style of artwork. His renditions of real life cars come to life with extreme detail, as deep as the reflections and precise line work and oustandng clarity of the power of the vehicles he's introducing to you with his art. A master of desigh and technique, he fulfilss his obligations to the end viewer with a colorful detailed image that flat out blows you away.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg22/norichere/hotrodders/GrafixxMan.jpg

Enjoy Guys, The members should be proud of the artists that share their talents so please add a vote for your favorite image in this months Hotrodders.com art Contest.

See less See more
#3 ·
Some very nice art this month guys, I am very happy to see the many different styles of art that were produced for this contest. Also, very nice job on the descriptions Only Racing. Would like to see more of that in upcoming contests. I wish everyone good luck in the competition, and hope to see more than this amount of entries in next month's competition.

--BTK--

#6 ·
I think this may be the strongest competition to date ...... some really great entries this month. I agree that Only Racing's descriptions help a lot. Nicely done and thanks for taking the time to conduct the contest each month.

Good luck to all this month ...... all are winners!

#7 ·
57Corvette said:
I think this may be the strongest competition to date ...... some really great entries this month. I agree that Only Racing's descriptions help a lot. Nicely done and thanks for taking the time to conduct the contest each month.

Good luck to all this month ...... all are winners!
And I thought last month was the toughest, this one after looking slowy through them is tougher by far.

The Hotrodders contest has come a long way and it's produced many great pieces of work that members can surely be proud of. I've added an extra to the images since photobucket now allows image tagging it will direct you to this website and your posts in most cases through image and web searches for hotrodders art, and I intend to make it more complete as we keep doing this, I keep learning more stuff each time thanks to you guys.

I really do enjoy looking farther into your images and trying to define your work as I see it, hopefully I get close to it being right and not diminishing any of your talents, please let me know if I do have something wrong and I'll fix it as much as I can. I have no mod or administrative rights so I'm limited. So lets get the vote out, have a new winner and get ready for some fireworks for Julys winners choice.

Now if we could only get the polls to go more than ten inclusions it would be a real plus, I feel in a way 57 and forty may have been shorthanded a bit with combining four images and two images.

BTW, almost seven other artists that did play regularly were AWOL so the turnout was very good IMO.

#10 ·
fortypickup said:
Great show guys! Nice turn out this time. I didnt draw a 70-71 Cuda cause I knew everyone else would do that era! I would love to own one of those bad a** cars but I dont have 80grand sitting around! :D

Only Racing great job on the descriptions once again! :)

Great entries by all!
I trashed my 70 T/A, who would have thought that bastardizing a car would be a bad thing back in the day, the hood, interiror, exhaust, six pack, tranny, everything went, such a dumb ***. lol.

#13 ·
I must admit defeat

:boxing: After I don't know how many times looking these over this month I finally came to the conclusion that I couldn't pick just 1 to vote for.

:D So I let my wife pick 1 and vote for it.

As everyone knows it's hard to improve on the shape and style of the 'Cuda from the factory. What a pick.

Super job this month everyone.
Tony

#14 ·
Ford Junkie said:
:boxing: After I don't know how many times looking these over this month I finally came to the conclusion that I couldn't pick just 1 to vote for.

:D So I let my wife pick 1 and vote for it.

As everyone knows it's hard to improve on the shape and style of the 'Cuda from the factory. What a pick.

Super job this month everyone.
Tony
Wow, what a tight race to the winners choice choosing after the polls closed, I think it's awesome everyone got one vote at least and 24 votes were included this month, good turnout for voting guys.

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.