Voting Starts Now, March Hotrodders.com Art Contest 32 / 31 Finished Street Rods!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Voting Starts Now, March Hotrodders.com Art Contest 32 / 31 Finished Street Rods
1 : fortypickup - Copperhead Street Rod 7 29.17%
2 : 57Corvette 1: My Ghoul Drives A 32 | 2: Sweet Sundown | 3: Delivery Girls 32 4 16.67%
3: Doodler - Milners Manipulation 7 29.17%
4: Iroc100 - Hush Thrush Maximum Street Rod 4 16.67%
5: brickyardboy - It'll Buff Out 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2010, 02:46 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Voting Starts Now, March Hotrodders.com Art Contest 32 / 31 Finished Street Rods!!

Voting Starts Now, March Hotrodders.com Art Contest 32 / 31 Finished Street Rods!!

Last month a newcomer Joel Nelson took the win in the Hotrodders.com art Contest on his first try with an excellent effort and one all the members truly appreciated. His Kudosí and win garnered him the choice for this month which includes 31 / 32 Fords "Finished Hot Rods" meaning full with interiors, fenders / fender less and paint, a tall order for all the artists. It's evident that all accomplished this task in their respective styles completely to share their ideas and thoughts of how they perceived this very detailed proposal. Some Artists Entered More Than One Image And Are Combined In The Vote For Them.

Please make sure you also view the artistís large versions since we shrunk them for quicker loading as you view.

The voting starts now and will end in 5 days with the polls closing automatically and a winner honored with his choice of next months subject. We have a longer month ahead of us and spring is right around the corner so to the winner in advance, congratulations and everyone feel free to stop in and vote for your favoriteís style by the artists at Hotrodders.com

1 : fortypickup - Copperhead Street Rod
This month member fortypickup added his touch of color and line art to produce a very year specific style of classic finished Street Rod that combines some brilliant copper tones offset with silver and chrome highlights whit the red wheels reminiscent of the oldies best wheels of al time. Line Art like this is very strenuous to produce with the interlacing w of the spokes in the wheels and adding the proper lighting to create a "rendering" per say. One that fortypickup was willing t share and be the one to set the standard for this month.

Copperhead Street Rod

Click For Artists Larger Original Version
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...street_rod.jpg

2 : 57Corvette 1: My Ghoul Drives A 32 | 2: Sweet Sundown | 3: Delivery Girls 32
Not having any problem again coming up with interesting content, member 57 Corvette drops in three bombs and 2 bombshells for his three entries. This style has been one that is constantly in the top of the voting order each month and also has been an accomplished winner many times over. The entries for this moth are his solid style of photo manipulation and now taking on themes that bring together a higher level of artwork that back in the day was impossible for artists of bubblegum wrappers "ala Roth and so on" were only dreaming about. Digital work is now the future and the next images seen will show you this with the use of reflections, expert cuts of people which is very hard in many peoples books to come out this clean, then the positioning to make it realistic enough to ask yourself "is it live or is it Memorex, lol." See all of 57 Corvettes images below and be amazed.

1: My Ghoul Drives A 32

2: Sweet Sundown

3: Delivery Girls 32

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...ivery_Girl.jpg

3: Doodler - Milners Manipulation
Take a contest, bring in talent like Doodler and give him a subject: he'll fire out something so neat by his standard of artwork that you have to just step back and kinda stare at how it came to be. His Line Art Caricatures are starting to get everywhere as they should, this s definitely a way of showing your inner ideology of processing a task and making something that is not only cool to look at but makes you wonder how it took shape, only Doodler knows where and how he begins his art, bet as usual, it's a stunningly cool piece that embodies the most famous 32 of all time in Doodlers awesome style once again.

Milners Manipulation

4: Iroc100 - Hush Thrush Maximum Street Rod
Iroc100 is by far one of the most original as he takes it to the barest of essentials in his work meaning the use of pen, pencils and so on put onto basic materials. This is the base of any artwork but taken to a new level each moth with very cool ideas. His artwork is deep and clean also this months showing "speed" properly and pulls off the effect as it should. A close look at the engine details shows a massive power plant hauling this classic body style down the road with the rendering of the never to be forgotten woody woodpecker Hush Thrush emblazoned on its side. Very clean artwork deserving of a close look and votes as all are in the contest, the great example of basic but detailed pencil and color.

Hush Thrush Maximum Street Rod

5: brickyardboy - It'll Buff Out
Tough the contest called for a finished street rod Brickyard missed that part but this artwork is primarily in the hunt since it can be considered finished but simply "neglected", lol. Not the brilliant shiny rendition specified but leaving this piece out would miss another aspect of the artist views. In the weeds was a view Brickyard wanted to share with fellow members and artist. This also is the style of colored pencils, on paper with much detail on hand drawn lines and the examples needed inside the image to bring out the feeling it is sitting there "neglected" but in all we like this in many ways and as a recurring member we wish him luck and to keep trying although this was on the edge of the criteria, his artwork is a familiar occurrence in our competitions.

It'll Buff Out

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...l_Buff_out.jpg

Thanks to the above members who opted into sharing their images and imaginations to this contest we thank you in advance and always ask more become involved as ART is in the eye of the beholder, you don't have to be a critic or even feel you don't have the credentials to vote o something that you may not feel you should, we ask you stop in and vote, this is not just a contest, but a clinic in ways we can interpret art YOU prefer. No one is ever wrong or right, its sheer likes and opinions that make these guys try harder and add to their styles each month with your visions of a winner who gets nothing but a chance to choose the next subject matter for the moth. Thanks Guys for participating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

You all out done yourselves as usual And it is always hard to chose , Doodler what you have done would look awesome on a T-Shirt .

Cole
Old 03-28-2010, 12:23 AM

Last photo:

Great stuff everyone! I tried to get an entry in as I had a '33 3-window to do for a client but it didn't come together in time...

Can't wait to see next months entries!
Old 03-28-2010, 03:02 AM
No substitute for cubic inches

Last photo:

Boy what a combination of old and new style work. Great job to everyone.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:19 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelNelson
Great stuff everyone! I tried to get an entry in as I had a '33 3-window to do for a client but it didn't come together in time...

Can't wait to see next months entries!
Joel, it would have been nice to see your entry, but there will be many more, a nice close bit of voting going on here also guys, nice work. Seems all are well represented by members with their view of artwork.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Great work guy's..
Old 03-28-2010, 11:24 AM
No substitute for cubic inches

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Racing
Seems all are well represented by members with their view of artwork.
Yeah and just like at a gathering of cars they all aren't my favorites but I can appreciate everyone's talent and dedication to their ride. Same goes here they all have a lot of work and thought put into them so it is hard to decide a "pick" to vote for.

Tony
Old 03-29-2010, 12:41 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

It's always good to see the guys voting and the comments of the many that do follow this like those above. This month is really close and as I see it, we have a serious tie going on right now with two distinct styles and the ones behind not far out of the mix, Just Awesome !!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:01 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Did anyone notice this poll ends on april fools day ??. lol.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Show me the money !

Last photo:

The Moon tank did it for me. Super job everyone.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Wolf in Hot Rodders upholstery

Last journal entry: Tail light issues
Last photo:

Wow...great stuff guys! Is this the first tie for the art show? My vote went to Doodler...and I am gonna be on the road next week so I forfeit to Doodler...great job Man...great job all!

Cant wait for next months contest!

Neal
Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Congrats to our two winners .....way to go guys. looking forward to the April contest.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:58 PM
3Deuce Speedshop

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortypickup
Wow...great stuff guys! Is this the first tie for the art show? My vote went to Doodler...and I am gonna be on the road next week so I forfeit to Doodler...great job Man...great job all!

Cant wait for next months contest!

Neal
Well I really appreciate it. I really thought you'd take this one. Yours was incredibly solid right down to your color choices. Nice work every one. That was a very close between everybody right down to the last day.

I was looking at past contests just to make sure we didn't repeat anything and I thought it'd be fun to have a "movie car contest". No limitations other than that. Lets see what people come up for that.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:43 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Congrats guys, and this would be at least the third tie we've had usually going to the first to submit but since Forty passed, the new contest will go to Doodlers Idea of "Movie Cars" anything goes, a great idea if I say so myself, should be interesting this month. I will have a post up ASAP and we can begin.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:52 PM

Last wiki edit: Electrolytic rust removal
Last journal entry: bigger tranny pan
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

All were great! It'll buff out is my fav

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.