Voting Starts Now Thanksgiving "Turkey Run Pontiacs Only" - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Voting Starts Now Thanksgiving Hotrodders art Contest Pontiacs Only
Deuce Rons "Thanksgiving Bandit Babes" 3 15.00%
57 Corvette's "Thanksgiving Greetings" 3 15.00%
brickyardboys "Thanksgiving Portrait Sketch" 2 10.00%
Steelcity6 "Wild Turkey Cruising" 5 25.00%
Fortypickups "Gobble Gobble Thanksgiving" 7 35.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2009, 01:13 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Voting Starts Now Thanksgiving "Turkey Run Pontiacs Only"

Due to a short month with holidays and family presence needed, our Thanksgiving "Turkey Run Pontiacs Only" did little to encourage more artists to take time out of their hectic schedules and participate as usual. Nothing though seems to stop the die hard artists that take much pride in this contest from Hotrodders.com and further its standing as a fun based giving to others in an artistic format. Last Months winner Brickyard boy a newcomer to the contest and a standout with a pencil sketch opened the door for a member assisted choosing of the Thanksgiving theme based for this month. Hoping to have more artists included, we held it up for a few days hoping for more additions and will have a short voting period to run into what we will now call "The First Annual Christmas Hotrodders Art Contest" since we had such a great turnout last year with so many artists giving on the holidays.

These contests have been quite close and this month we have 5 entrants into the mix for the end of the year bash finale' to bring you guys and viewers more and more cool artwork and even some surprises from a technical side being internet based.

The contestants images are placed in order of submission and many have a small and large version to expand to see more detail of their work in an added link below their description.

Voting Begins Now the 28th of November and will run only for four days since the Christmas season is upon us and many have been waiting for a long time to get into the last of the year Christmas Hotrodders Art Contest. A little hint to the winner for the topic would be Christmas Haulers if they feel the need for encouragement to begin the next contest topic, featuring trucks, rods, and anything with a bed for a complete all out extravaganza of artwork with any make or model as a good end to the year. Hopefully the winner will consider this for the next installment.

Voting Starts Now For The "Thanksgiving Turkey Run Pontiacs Only"

1: Deuce Rons "Thanksgiving Bandit Babes":
Talk about adding all the elements described in the text for the contest, Ron covered all bases and more adding an image of the Bandit trans am "Firebird / Pontiac" the fall surroundings of the tree’s and colors needed to make it all come together and filing in the sides with another mention of thanksgiving with "chicks", lol posing a pilgrim and Indian next to the ride in a photo manipulation collage that truly shows his upcoming expertise with his graphics and photo skills.

Deuce Rons "Thanksgiving Bandit Babes"

2: 57 Corvette's "Thanksgiving Greetings":
A new twist to one of the most winning artists in the contest is a formatted card style of his image with many details that are completely part of the trend towards a hallmark style gift and also included is a fun html page http://www.ratrodstudios.com/hotrodders/hotrodders.html to view for all others to figure the web into this also. Based on his designs of the past, this time 57 this time used subdued colors and pale shades to enhance the image's photo manipulation in perfect fashion describing to all at a view the emotions of opening a card and looking right at it at the table when dinner is on. A very pleasing choice of vehicle and backgrounds combination.

57 Corvette's "Thanksgiving Greetings"

Click The Image Link Below For The Artists Larger Version;
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...ving-large.jpg

3:brickyardboys "Thanksgiving Portrait Sketch":
An inspirational look at the styles used by many artists of high levels that move from starting sketch to a final painted products image, you see this in fine hotrodding art used all over by some of the best there is. Brickyard Boy didn't take this Pontiac image as far as it could have gone and finished it in pencils and colors with some fine close up details that keep the theme and give you that look of being in an art gallery and this image sitting on an easel ready for all to stop and look at. A much defined image and use of all fields in the description is a winning touch.

brickyardboys "Thanksgiving Portrait Sketch"

4: Steelcity6 "Wild Turkey Cruising"
Nothing like paper and pencils or markers to really bring out talent for those who like the real raw look from an artist, this wild caricature of a 68 or 67 Pontiac Firebird takes a fun look at how an artist can put pencil to paper and add with it his own style we've seen before in his contest entries, a good blend of being able to create both car, image and setting making it almost like a t shirt for fun and cool thanksgiving ideas. One of our few here that will do the image and simply take a photo of his work to allow you to vote as you will for a very neat combination of getting it into the contest.

Steelcity6 "Wild Turkey Cruising"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...ving-large.jpg

5: Fortypickups "Gobble Gobble Thanksgiving"
Forty just seems to have knack for cool creations, another bubble gum 70's version with a hint of Chrysler advertising also in there at least through my eyes as I remember the older road runner style adds in magazines. This time Forty takes it into the Pontiac arena with a hand drawn caricature of coolness from our earlier days of neat art combined with clever graphics and a simple tale of the holidays, this is Art 101 for many of us out there. Deep dark lines, with a hint of color and the skewing of the actual perspective lend the image a cool factor of 10 for those that enjoy his many different styles of artwork.

Fortypickups "Gobble Gobble Thanksgiving"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...anksgivi-1.jpg

You've now seen the work and voting will begin, hopes of a strong vote and moreso the continuation of this hotrodders cllassic monthly addition will prime others to add to the contests and include more perspectives into the realm of cool hotrodders art.

Enjoy and Vote Guys !!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

This is some more great stuff guy's.

Cole
Old 11-28-2009, 05:27 PM

Last photo:

Great job again guys. I was working on something a little here and there, but just couldn't get it done with my monitor dying, thanksgiving and having to work on friday. If I somehow manage to finish it up this weekend, I'll post it in the contest thread, even though I missed the deadline and am a couple days late and a couple dollars short as usual. Hopefully I can get something finished for the Christmas contest.
Good luck to all.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:38 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

I was holding out for a few of you guys but just had to do it Kenseth, see you next month and for sure post it up when finished. !!
Old 11-30-2009, 01:08 PM
One Peice at a time

Last photo:

Kenseth, been there plenty of times..gret work everyone. Hope all had a great Turkey day as for me . well coming home from my parents I smaked a deer with the camaro. time to find a new daily I guess.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Just got back in town and see the voting has started and Fortypickups well on his way to a much deserved win. I was hoping to see more entries than what we got, but hopefully, we'll see more for December.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving ......

bob
Old 12-01-2009, 05:06 PM

Last photo:

Sorry to hear about the camaro, but glad your okay, cars can be replaced. Those deer hits bring in work though.

I hit a little bambi when I first got my probabtionarys, driving home from grandmas with the whole family in the car on christmas eve. Did no damage to the car other then a bent license plate, but had to call the dnr to go out and shoot it, broke its leg could hear it squeeling. I think I traumatized my sister, she still to thsi day reminds me of hitting it occasionally.

Missed many since then including a big arse turkey a couple years ago right in town. Would of been kinda ironic if it would have been a turkey you hit.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Congrats to Forty on his win, one of the basics of drawing hot rod art took it over some highly detailed work, It's up to forty now to drop in a topic for the year end Christmas Art contest and hope he would run with the Christmas Haulers Idea that I put forth since the truckers have been left out for a bit and it opens it up to old and new anything with a bed or flatbed.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Wolf in Hot Rodders upholstery

Last journal entry: Tail light issues
Last photo:

Thanks Guys

There were some great entrees this time! Loved em all!

This one is wide open...any car, truck, 2 wheeler, 4 wheeler, anything as long as it has a Christmas theme to it. You may even want to use this as a Christmas Card. Just an Idea.

Wadaya think?

Merry Christmas to all
Neal
Old 12-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Sounds great Neal ......gonna get started right now. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Bob
Old 12-05-2009, 11:26 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Great Neal, should have some real fun with this one, I always include a download for a sized card so I hope to really be in on this one as soon as i clear up some work, best thing with these cards and posts is they ccan be used as an e card of sorts also. Looking forward to this.

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.