Hot Rod Forum banner

VW Dune Buggy?

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MrPhotographer06 
#1 ·
Anyone here built a VW Dune Buggy?

The idea came up the other day that i should take my chopped up VW and makea dune buggy?.. i'd really like to have it street legal and rain proof which would mean i'd have to make a baja instead of a dune buggy.. with the original body still on it..

Any Ideas???

#2 ·
This would be kinda stupid to do. The hole reason I would want a Dune buggy would be to make it bigger (us fat boys have trouble getting in to em)

However several successful buggy's have been made out of a chopped up chassis. It just takes lots of time and effort to do.

If it was me I would build a tube chassis. Just my .02 cents

#4 ·
hmm i'm not sure...

but i reallyyyy wouldnt want to cut the frame up.. building a beach buggy and putting it in the shop wouldnt bother me..

I'd be using one that'd have to weld the mounts back on if i was using the body..

the body is fully unbolted.. no engine.. 3 pedals....

i have a whole one that runs.. not sure if the tranny works but its an autostick..

idk if making a dune buggy would be easier than my idea of lowering and ratting it...

-Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.