Hot Rod Forum banner

Wagons can be cool too!

5K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  whinny 
#1 · (Edited)
I just completed this one for a new shop that opened locally. They recieved a 64 Impala wagon as payment for work they did. Hey, even the family truckster should look good!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I'm glad you all like it. It was a flashback for me as my oldest friend's family had one for years while we were growing up. They finally traded it in for a Datsun B210 wagon. John taught me to drive a stick in that car unbeknownst to his parents!
-Beautiful 58 Killeratrod
-I love the Ranch Wagons too, da34guy! They make such great rides.
-Ouch! wagon man! That is not the way to start off the tour. I hope you get it back in shape soon.

#15 ·
My brother's '59 Chevy my dad got as a trade in on a new car around 1975. As I remember he paid $750 for it as it sets except it had the Americans all the way around.

And yes those windows were blacked out.

Brian

#17 ·
Yes they are leafs but the chassis wasn't changed. This was before everyone thought you had to change the frame to make mods to a car.:p

It had leafs in the back and "Raised spindles" on the front that were fabricated brilliantly at some shop in South San Francisco, I don't remember the name of the place. But those spindles were a work of art, half inch steel plate welded to the original spindle.

Brian

#18 ·
My grandparents had a mid sixties Fury II wagon that never gave them a lick of trouble. When the other cars wouldn't start in the cold New England winters, the Fury always did. When they moved to Fla in 1980, the guy at the garage gave them top dollar for it. I lost track of it in the late 80's but the mechanic still drove it. I really miss that tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.