Wait a Minute!!!!! - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2004, 09:39 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by 40fordtruck_son
now the whole billet thing was just for BBB, she mentioned it. sorry, everyone else skip it.
serious question.....

what is so wrong with billet? what is so wrong with jap cars? what is so wrong about "trailer queens"?

i like new school (if thats what you want to call it) just as much as i like old school.
on my truck, i'm planning on going both old school with a little bit of new school mixed in, does that make me a hipocrite?

and jap cars, sure i hate the body kits and stickers with the rest, but for the most part, they are damn good cars.

trailer queens, so someone busted their *** to make everything perfect and doesn't want some careless moron to destroy their hard work, so they trailor it to shows. what is so wrong about that?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Let the wheels of life roll on

Last journal entry: donor truck for hot rod hellion
Last photo:

okay BBB. that point is well taken. she didn't do it to evveything, but she did do it.

akm. another thread, another time. thats a more touchy subjuct than polatics.

but the trailor queens are a waste of a car. why build it and not drive it? whats the point? thats why there called hot rods. thats how this got started. they drove them and souped 'em up.

Last edited by 40fordtruck_son; 09-03-2004 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBlockBabe
No, but you don't go around saying, "I like rat rods and primer black paint and everything else is crap that isn't worth being looked at. There's a difference.

Just like the close-minded, hard core, brand loyal folks. They're in every crowd. "I love Chevys/Fords/Dodges/Mercedes Benz/Corvettes and everything else is ****." That annoys me, there's nothing wrong with somebody liking something else, its just when it comes down to everything out of your mouth is hate for something and love for one thing only is when its annoying.
true, true...........narrow minded.

Mike
Old 09-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter

Last journal entry: Detailing Eng. Compartment
Last photo:

Yeh fat50, thats mine. That was shot at the Catholic church a block over from Bourbon street in New Orleans, during a photo shoot the day after the season finally show there. I was in two more programs after that.

That was about the third year after I started touring with the ISCA show circuit.

The car had 10,000 org. miles on it at that time and was the custom Conservative champion and the hi point custom champion.
It was fairly stock except for a lot of chrome and detail. It has evolved a long ways from there to a full custom now.

Do you happen to have the world of wheels calender for the year the finally was in Las Vages? That's where the avatar i'm using now was shot. We was in the sema show that year while we were there.

Oh and one thing more, as BarryK has stated, this car is a trailer gueen. But you have no idea how much money this car has won
in the ten years that I toured it. By keeping it in perfect detail, it earned more than $300.000.00. plus a lot of sponsership. And I had another one to drive.

Troy

69 SS/RS full custom Camaro 98 ISCA Grand Champion
69 SS/RS BB Camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 SS Chevelle BB conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod

Last edited by troy-curt; 09-03-2004 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:19 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

the young crowd these days, talking about being ol' skool.

btw, the air cleaner nut on my motor is billet.

and i built it to haul around a trailer queen.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:25 PM
Let the wheels of life roll on

Last journal entry: donor truck for hot rod hellion
Last photo:

good for you larry. does that make you feel special.??

Old 09-03-2004, 11:27 PM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

That pretty much sums it up for me.....
Later,
WEIMER
Old 09-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I had tried a few google searches, using lines of the poetry Sway posted, I never did tie it all together. I'm not really surprised at the conclusion. Sway had more posts in 3 months than most have in 2 years, she was begging for attention, she found it here. HRK tried pulling his stunt, he's done his time and I believe has learned his lesson. He was 14 when all this happened, he "borrowed" someones car, he got his attention, and has been on his best behavior since then. Another case of looking for attention. Should Sway be banned? absolutely. It would be unfair to our members to put up with type of b.s. BBB, Weimer, Kevin, seem to have a sense for smelling these people out. Keep up the good work. Now we need to find out about this Indy babe, she's advertising but needs to put up or shut up. Dan
Old 09-04-2004, 01:15 AM

Last photo:

I did a search under the members list for the name babe_in_indy and it came up with 2 topics...this one and another one about protective coatings. My question is this... She has been registered since July 2004 and she already has 68/100 PM's?!
If someone changes their username do they carry over their PMs? Does Jon have to be the one to change someones username? If so, did he change anyones name to babe_in_indy? Who was it? Does anyone remembering PMing her? Did she PM any of the 'regulars' on the board? 68 times?
What kind of cars/trucks did she have? What magazines were they in? I am pretty active in the streetrodding scene....what is there real name? Does anyone know anything about the person?
Where the Hell is JON when you need him?WTF?
Later?,
WEIMER?
Old 09-04-2004, 05:50 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightfire
sway isnt angle of the road.
And Centerline y'all classified HRK as a troll back in his troll days....so did you edit every single one of his posts?
Mike
For the record, all the evidence points to Sway being Angle of the Road including identical IP addresses so don't tell me she isn't a troll. When it comes to HRK, I had nothing to do with that.

Centerline
Old 09-04-2004, 06:22 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Quote:
Originally posted by Weimer
I did a search under the members list for the name babe_in_indy and it came up with 2 topics...this one and another one about protective coatings. My question is this... She has been registered since July 2004 and she already has 68/100 PM's?!
If someone changes their username do they carry over their PMs? Does Jon have to be the one to change someones username? If so, did he change anyones name to babe_in_indy? Who was it? Does anyone remembering PMing her? Did she PM any of the 'regulars' on the board? 68 times?
What kind of cars/trucks did she have? What magazines were they in? I am pretty active in the streetrodding scene....what is there real name? Does anyone know anything about the person?
Later?,
WEIMER?
I just tested a theory I had, sent myself a PM, and responded to it, and repeated this a few times.
In a period of only five minutes I had almost 70 PM's most of which were from or to myself.
A minute later I was back to the count I had when I started.
This trick can make the unknown users seem like they have friends while remaining unknown.
Boredom does wonders to the idle mind, new and strange things emerge- yet go un-noticed until shared by accident or purpose.
Everything was merely an idea once.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:37 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Quote:
Originally posted by Weimer
Later?,
WEIMER?
When this first started I PMd her (him?) to see if she (he?) was legit and she (he?) is just as strange and evasive one-on-one. And she (he?) does like to converse - we probably did 10PMs with zero substance so I don't doubt she (he?) could generate a couple hundred in a couple of weeks. Obviously a lonely troll looking for attention. Send her (him?) away with some addresses of degenerate teeny-bopper chat sites where she (he?) will be much more at home.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:20 AM

Last photo:

Ok... My secret.... Im a spider monkey. Its funny just because she had some friends we should forgive her? Yah right.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

lol, internet drama. I especially love the part where being suspended is referred to as "doing time."

What a crock.
K
Old 09-04-2004, 01:04 PM

Last photo:

Just a little tid bit of info that I found else where on the board....

And I quote:
3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
In consideration of your use of the Hotrodders services, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by Hotrodders registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Hotrodders has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Hotrodders has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Hotrodders services (or any portion thereof).

Here's my favorite one

6. MEMBER CONDUCT
c.impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Hotrodders official, submissions editor, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;

f. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;

Lets not forget this one either
12. TERMINATION
You agree that Hotrodders, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Hotrodders service, and remove and discard any content within the Hotrodders service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Hotrodders believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the Terms of Service.

Take it as you wish....I know that it is completely up to JON to decide the outcome....BTW....where HAS Jon been at lately?

Later,
WEIMER

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.