Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Walking foot needle feed questions
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 02:36 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
I think the best value is the Juki. The problem with Pfaff is that parts are very expensive. Adler is the best built machine there is (in my opinion), but they are very pricey.
I was actually looking at Juki. They seem to be a pretty common machine with good parts availability. I see them in a lot of the upholstery shops here in NYC for what that's worth.

Is there a particular Juki model that stands out as a good value (you mentioned the 563 in another thread)? Money isn't as important as having a machine I won't have to fight with. I'd rather buy a good machine once (and that has a resale value) than several mediocre machines.

I am planning to add a servo motor if the machine I purchase doesn't have one already.

Quote:
Hope this helps.
Your opinions and knowledge have been _incredibly_ helpful. You've given me good ideas for just about every project I want to undertake and all I can say is "thank you" as wholeheartedly as possible.