Hot Rod Forum banner

Want more compression

711 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  38mike 
#1 ·
Whats a simple and cheap way to raise my 305's compression. Stock 305 in an 86 silverado, headers ,carb, dual exhaust. Block casting is 14010203

#5 ·
compression? well, maybe

Would a more appropriate question be, "How can I increase the torque and/or horsepower?" Compression is just one factor of combinations of components that are put together for performance.
As I'm sure you realize and have seen from the coupla responses you've already gotten, you need, of course, to get into the engine to one degree or another. Could I suggest you investigate the HP/torque question and just let compression be one of the possible factors for change. Recommendations for increased HP might likely result in increased compression, but addressing the question as you have is kind of a back-door roundabout way to explore performance increases.
I am assuming, of course, that increased performance is the ultimate goal??? . . .not just compression for compression's sake.
good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.