Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - WANTED: hints, tips, tricks, for my firewall install
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 08:21 AM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: this is only a test
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35WINDOW
Matt,
You may have already thought of this ahead of time, but if you haven't, I would install my Engine and Radiator to make certain that you have enough space for everything, and that you can mount your accessory drive and all-you don't want ot have to notch that beauty AFTER it's all in and purty -

Just a thought-
I really appreciate the suggestions/tips, and that did run through my mind at one point

I might be putting my cart in front of the horse, but.......

I am going to work from the firewall forward, because I don't have any of the other stuff ready

I want the front susp. done, before I make the engine/trans mounts, and I don't have any of that, yet.

I do have the firewall now, and I feel like need it installed, to make the body rigid enough to remove from the chassis.

I feel like I need to keep moving forward, even if its 3 steps forward and 1 step back

If we need to trim it, to fit it , when I get that far, its ok

I just hope the engine fits

I kinda planned on it not fitting the trans. correctly, I don't even know if I will need a full, floor length trans. tunnel

I am leaving my body mount/floor support cross-members full width (see pics)

with the intentions of cutting/modifying them to fit the drive-train, later (also to support the body for removal)

Again, thanks for the suggestions and tips
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	010512182841.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	488.8 KB
ID:	61895   Click image for larger version

Name:	011412171916.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	426.4 KB
ID:	61896   Click image for larger version

Name:	011412171729.jpg