Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wanted Model A experts
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 06:27 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Wanted Model A experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
Either glue it down, or create something to staple or glue the windlace to. You can cut strips of waterproof panel board or PVC foamboard that fit the area in question, and then glue or staple the windlace to the panel board, and then either screw or pop rivet the panel board (with the windlace attached) to the area you want to attach the windlace to. Also sew a piece of headliner fabric to the windlace to cover up the area of the pillar next to the windshield. I have a model "A" coming in to my shop in about a week if you can wait that long to see some pictures. You need a 3/4" welt foot on your sewing machine to sew windlace with 1/2" sponge rod. Sewing it is 10 times faster than gluing it, and with far better quality. I'll post a picture tomorrow of some windlace all sewn up.
Thanks for the info - Yes I can wait for the pictures of the Model A. The info you are giving me is helping out a lot. Now I don't feel like I am running around in the dark.

Thanks - Jerry