Hot Rod Forum banner

Wanted: pics and or vid of any car that is painted white with a pearl,

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  lets cut it up 
#1 ·
as the title says, after pics of any car really, with a bright *** white and a blue pearl preferably, any other pearl will do fine though as a rough look but it has to be on white.

just trying to figure out if i want a pearl on my car when i get it painted

thanks

#6 ·
pearl painting

I had my 40 chevy 2 dr. sedan painted flip flop pearl. He used 89 GMC truck white, then cleared with the pearl mixed in. (PPG, paint, pearl, and thinner) I was told that the more pearl added would cause it to run in the clear. He mixed more paint than needed. He said , if you need to spot paint it later for whatever, you never get it to match. It looked best in the late afternoon sun. I wanted to get in a flat parking lot after a rain after dark with the lights causing reflexing from the wet ground.
I didn't get what I wanted, which was pearl like the keys on a piano, or handles on a pistol. I was satisfied with what I got. Best custom rod sedan in the Atlantic div. in the world of wheels in 91. mite show in my jou., can't remember. Send me and address, and I send you some pictures. Marcel

#7 ·
Ya know, I've been meaning to post up some pics of my car, but never got around to doing so until now . . . sorry 'bout that. At any rate, '00 Trans Am in Arctic White with iridescent ghost flames. The flames' main color is green, but depending on the angle will flash blue or purple in the right light (sunlight or fluorescent light really brings 'em out). It's real hard to get good pictures, though. They're barely visible in the first pic, but the second gives a good shot of the iridescence.

Actually, if the light is right - or not right, depending on perspective - you wouldn't even know they're there. Had a couple fun conversations because of that.

- Mike

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.