Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - wanting any advise for a new bench grinder
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 01:34 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

I bought my very first one a couple of months ago and just set it up a few weeks back: Ryobi 8 in. Bench Grinder - BGH827. here are some reviews from Amazon on reconditioned units here.

This being my first one, I had to do some serious research. And I am quite weary about buying anything brand new these days. I started looking at what was available locally on Craigslist, but didn't really find anything I liked or that stood out as a good deal, so I moved onto the new stuff. I was originally looking at the usual Harbor Freight stuff, but didn't feel too confident. And like you, I didn't wana buy this particular tool online, sight unseen. So I checked the reviews on Home Depot, which seem fairly positive, and the price was right in my budget.

Aside from testing it out and playing around with it, I haven't done any serious grinding yet. However, I can say it was easy to put together, does have a few plastic parts (the little flip-up covers over the wheels and the coolant tray), is heavy, and not very loud.

If you want, I can post a video of it tonight.