Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wanting to build a 406 sbc
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 11:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

No offence taken at all. Alright, I realize I'm 19, and never built an engine. I suppose using "a little extra cash" wasn't the best choice in words. I didn't realize everyone was going to use it quite so literal. I wasn't ever meaning I'd build a 406 on 600 bucks or anything. The reason I had started this thread was so I had the ability to ask questions, get feedback and have suggestions made. The first few had all said that it'd take more then a little bit of money to prepare the rest of the car rather then just focusing on the motor. I've come to the understanding that it's going to take some serious cash to build 500hp. Hence the reason I'm looking for another 400. I don't want to have my car parked to build an engine would I could keep it running and prepare another engine to go in to replace it. There is a guy that owns a performance shop in the city that is very reputable and willing to help and give advice when it comes to cars. I'll be making most of my big purchases off of him.
I don't want to offend anyone or have any "fights" over the internet. But I'd prefer if this thread could stay just about laying out suggestions and having questions answered rather then getting to be at all personal.
Thanks guys. Everything that's been put up here has been able to help me better understand something I'd like to do for the first time. I hope that I'll be able to do a few motors and give advice in places I have experience and success.
White85Camaro