Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wanting to build a 406 sbc
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Veteran/Firefighter-EMT-I CRT

Wiki Edits: 0

if you are willing to let this be a long term project then it can happen, just don't think this will happen overnight, unless you do have loot like that. it took me about 3yrs to get my camaro set up, and for the last year i was building my motor. luckly i was in the military making pretty decent money, along with my wife who makes pretty decent money, i was able to save quite a bit of money each month to put towards this project. you have to remember that eveyone has an opinion, and not all of us will agree that opinion, so on sometimes there is bound to be some bickering.

my advice would be to find another 400 or 350 block (if you would be willing to build a 383) and start working with that. take your time with it to make sure you research everything, and the different part manufacuters. dont skimp out on quality stuff just to save 100.00, cause more often than not the end result will end up costing you more than 100.00 when you have to fix what went wrong. do it right the first time.