Warning fellow rodders of this 4 post lift - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 12:19 PM
all he saw was my tailights

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Warning fellow rodders of this 4 post lift

Do not let me repeat myself I say Do not Buy from this negative creep Rob @ a1automotiveequipmentsales Unless you want to be frustrated with bad service and lies!!!!!! I bought a 4 post lift from this guy a DANNMAR d-7 lift, I paid same day, Seller did send the lift it came quick but was missing some parts but they said they would replace them ASAP still waiting for them to arrive. the big problem is this, Rob the owner and seller @ a1automotiveequipmentsales is very poor with paper work and once has your money seems to drop off the face of this earth, does not do anything he says he is going to do!! I have yet to see my receipt for my purchase, so here some facts about this guy look at my feedback he was going to leave one a week ago ez. so I had some proof of payment that I bought it from him . So Rob I'll buy my 3 others lifts elsewhere. Thanks for showing your true colors before I spent more of my hard earned dollars towards you.!! Rob my good man you speak with a forked tongue Grow up and forget about being a moto X er you don't have the chops for it! * * a1automotiveequipmentsales sells at The Good Guys shows I'd stay clear of this Seller., Take my advice don't buy this lift buy an All American Made One, built better and safer!!!! LET ME SAY! **BEWARE OF THIS PIECE OF WORK ( throw a1automotiveequipmentsales under the garbage truck ; )

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Welcome to the board, truth be told 427
There is a company review section that you can contribute to after you have 25 posts or so.

It's hard to accurately assess the situation you are in, because there are 2 unknown quantities here, the guy who sold you the lift, and you.

Is this the guy here?
http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...:feedback:3:us

It looks like he has 100% positive feedback..

There is alot of automotive knowledge around here, in that aspect you'll fit right in...(I read your intro too, )cruise around the forums and contribute something.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 09-16-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:23 PM
T-Bucket, Corvette, Mustang

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Of the two lifts we have in our shop, one is the Dannmar D-7. Bought it new a year ago from some outfit in California (don't have the receipt in front of me at the moment but I'll check to see if it is the same guy). Arrived quickly and was complete. Took about 4 hours to assemble it and get it up and running. We had only one question regarding assembly and it was answered promptly over the phone.

If you install it, adjust it and operate it as per the instructions, I don't see any safety issues. We do have the posts affixed to the concrete floor. We use the lift primarily for storage of light cars (one car under the raised lift supporting another car), but I have put my Explorer up on it to perform some service.

I would be mightily ticked off with the service you have experienced, but safety issues are another mtter. If you have any specific safety issues you are aware of, I would appreciate hearing about them.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:13 PM

Last photo:

warning-fellow-rodders-4-post-lift

I should say this for the seller, the Dannmar d-7 lift did arrive fast, and it was all there x-except the caster wheels and bolts.
Which I'm still waiting for but the company Dannmar (not the seller) threw a oil drainer the kind you would see at your old gas station.
But that was me going around the seller and dealing right with the manufacturer which in hindsight I should of done from the beginning but they go under a different name online?
The Dannmar d-7 in my opinion looks a little flimsy has far the metal posts i.e. metal quility but what I'm most concerned about are the welds also I do not have it bolted to the floor I was thinking of making a brace to connect the posts to keep them from racking, because I would like to move it around my garage from time to time when I'm cleaning up the place. and the locking system looks scary a little racking from the posts I could see the lift dropping anyone heard of one dropping any cars? let me know
Back to Rob the seller what I'm ticked off about is he totally did not do the things I asked
#1 Did not send me a receipt
#2. After bugging him about the invoice He hung the phone up on me!
#3 After I just spent 1,900.00 He treated me like a nobody.
#4 I had to go around him to Dannmar to get what I needed.
#5 That's why I'm here to voice my angst also because I came here before I bought the lift to get some insight from you guys.
#6 he does have a good e-bay record I just don't like the fact he did not do any of the things he said he would, for instance I asked for the receipt over 6 times (BTW I still have not seen it )
he said he would e-mail it to me he did it came in a word program not compatible with apple he said to bad you have an apple. "Looks like your out of luck pal" So needless to say I can not depend on him for service that would be like pulling teeth.
#7 the seller is also an installer of the lifts so he out in the field before he got my money he spent time telling me about the lift but after I bought the lift he was always to busy to talk to me. there it it in a nut shell.
I did allot of research on the lift I found out all the parts cables , motor, hoses, etc. are all Bend Pak. and that the only parts made in china are the major metal parts i.e. posts and ramps etc. After putting the lift together it seems to have some sway to it, all the bolts are tight and secure the ground is level but the lift still has a little swaying.
anyways any other comments would be welcomed

Nice to be here [

Last edited by truth be told 427; 09-16-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:07 PM
T-Bucket, Corvette, Mustang

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

All of the 4-post lifts have some sway, ironically the lighter the load the more sway. I've found that the heavier the load on the lift, the more stable it is. Your idea of a support bracket is a good one, it is the same reason we bolted our posts to the floor.

Our other lift is a Backyard Buddy, the Cadillac of lifts in my opinion. The safety catches are designed differently on the BB and I feel are safer than the D-7, but only because those catches don't rely on a stop welded to the post. I do feel the dogs on the BB could be better better designed to engage in a free fall - in that respect I like the D-7 better. Every lift vendor I've talked to will tell you horror stories about their competitor's product.

All that being said, there is nothing on the D-7 that I see that would cause me any safety concerns. Keep the cables lubed with wire rope lube, grease the pulleys, and make sure everything that moves is well-lubricated and does not bind. Get the posts on the same elevation relative to your floor, and adjust the cables so that they are raising the ramp as close to level as is possible. When operating the lift, watch the operation and always make sure the ramp is coming down and going up evenly (level) - if it doesn't you will have a big problem as these designs can't handle these situations well. The biggest operational error is that the operator may not raise the lift high enough above the stop they plan on using before leting it back down on the stop - so when you lower the lift to the stop, not all of the 4 dogs engage the stop at the same level. That's why I say level the posts and the ramp.

These lifts and ones like them really aren't designed for commercial operation - they are made and priced more for the hobbyist so you need to be aware that they may not be as dependable (and perhaps not all the safety features)as the ones at the professional service centers, but if you know how they work and take care with the maintenance and operation, it should provide good, safe service for you.

By the way, I like the caster setup on the D-7 better than the BB. Good luck to you and here's hoping you get the satisfaction you seek.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Last photo:

Post some negative feedback on Ebay, then if that doesn't get his attention try the BBB.

Vince
Old 09-16-2007, 08:54 PM

Last photo:

warning-fellow-rodders-4-post-lift-

Thanks to everyone that has responded so far man loads of information here it's the real deal the way I like it! cucumber1949 that was real helpful information thanks for sharing that with me, so you feel confident with your lifts capability's build quality/ safety wise?
Hey Vince 302 z/28 What does BBB mean also how did you post your Z/28 next to your name?

thanks to all enjoy the drawing.

Last edited by truth be told 427; 09-16-2007 at 09:01 PM. Reason: wanted to add more type
Old 09-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth be told 427
What does BBB mean
Better Business Bureau.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 09-17-2007, 10:48 PM

Last photo:

Warning fellow rodders of this 4 post lift

Thanks

Mikey

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.