Warning to UK 'rodders - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Warning to UK 'rodders

Hi All

Just a brief message to warn any new UK rodders to be on the lookout for a rogue mechanic in the Northampton area by the name of John Marsh.

He made a real mess of my 51 Chevy and by the response I've had to the warnings I've posted on UK forums, he's made a mess of other people's rides too.

I hate negative posts but feel it's vital we share the knowledge.

God bless everyone (except John Marsh)

Tim

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Last photo:

Fill us in, what did he do.....or not do?

Vince
Old 02-01-2008, 04:02 AM

Last photo:

John Marsh

I'll spare the gruesome details but on collecting my truck I found:

A 4 foot scrape down the driver's stepside(only spotted when I got home)
The servo-assist connected the wrong way, hence no brakes
Most of a tank of gas was missing
Paint scrapes in the engine bay where the guy had replaced the radiator

I also found the engine was smoking badly out of the rocker cover vent cap, which it didn't before. I was told it needed a venting pipe routing to disperse the oil smoke and that he could do it another day. A month later I found a bung wedged up the pipe connecting the PCV to the carb. Once removed it ran fine.

The mechanic denies everything, of course.

So folks, stay clear of John Marsh from Northampton. He's a crap mechanic and a total liar.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Artful Dodger

Last journal entry: From behind
Last photo:

Thanks for the info.

Mind if I pass it on?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:59 AM

Last photo:

John Marsh

Not at all. Feel free to pass it on - that's what the web's all about

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be telling you how great someone is rather than how crap they are - but in this case it's just plain diabolical
Old 02-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Artful Dodger

Last photo:

Well, I'm hearing conflicting reports about John.

Whereabouts in England are you?
Old 02-01-2008, 12:17 PM

Last photo:

I'm sure the bloke's not a total dead loss. He was recommended by a local chap who'd seen John's Challenger. And he seemed nice enough when I dropped the truck off. I actually quite warmed to the bloke.

But I'm no fool. And I know when's someone's taking the p*ss. I know what's happened and, if he's honest, so does he.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Do you know of this fella, Stef?

Small country, you should know just about everyone, right?...................

There is always 2 sides to every story....would love to hear the other side also.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:58 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
Do you know of this fella, Stef?

Small country, you should know just about everyone, right?...................

There is always 2 sides to every story....would love to hear the other side also.
I'd love to hear the other side of the story too. Trouble is Mr Marsh hasn't the decency to reply to my e-mails or pick up the phone and explain the situation.

Everybody makes mistakes but this guy overstepped the mark by some way.

So Stef (sorry don't know you) if you do know this chap then I'd love to hear his side of the story.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Artful Dodger

Last photo:

I don't know or know of him - his name is new to me.
Northampton is 170 miles from me.

Poncho, I'm with you. I'd like to hear the other side of the story.

I posted up on another forum I frequent & a Mod came down on me like a ton of bricks:

"Hi Buddy, i've moved your thread about the dodgy Northampton mechanic, sounds a bit unfair to slate someone and his business from a post on another forum. I'm sure if you'd read a post about ***, or me or someone else you know, you'd be the first to say 'whoa' !!!!!
if the poster and mr marsh were both members of this forum and wanted to sort it out, i'm sure we'd open a room for them... but gossip from a disgruntled customer should be sorted off forums. The post is currently hidden from public view for the time being".
Old 02-02-2008, 03:00 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job~Rated
I don't know or know of him - his name is new to me.
Northampton is 170 miles from me.

Poncho, I'm with you. I'd like to hear the other side of the story.

I posted up on another forum I frequent & a Mod came down on me like a ton of bricks:

"Hi Buddy, i've moved your thread about the dodgy Northampton mechanic, sounds a bit unfair to slate someone and his business from a post on another forum. I'm sure if you'd read a post about ***, or me or someone else you know, you'd be the first to say 'whoa' !!!!!
if the poster and mr marsh were both members of this forum and wanted to sort it out, i'm sure we'd open a room for them... but gossip from a disgruntled customer should be sorted off forums. The post is currently hidden from public view for the time being".
Like I've said, I'd like to hear his side of the story too. But I've tried contacting him on several occasions but get no response.

Forums exist to pass on knowledge. Good or bad. This guy is supposed to run a professional business, one that charges a lot of money. People deserve to know if he's running a shoddy show.

He has my name and my phone number, all he has to do is pick up the phone and start talking. But he won't.

This isn't a chap that's made a slight mistake. He's taken someone's ride, that cost them a lot of hard earned money, and abused it. Plain and simple. Everyone should get to know the facts. Let's hear his side.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:28 AM
Artful Dodger

Last photo:

We've been all through this on the Dave Koorey thread - in that case, it turned out that there was actually something behind the allegations. But how do we know your side of the story is true or not?
Mr Marsh could have slept with your girlfriend for all we know & this could be a way for you to get back at him. Do you see what I'm saying?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:39 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job~Rated
We've been all through this on the Dave Koorey thread - in that case, it turned out that there was actually something behind the allegations. But how do we know your side of the story is true or not?
Mr Marsh could have slept with your girlfriend for all we know & this could be a way for you to get back at him. Do you see what I'm saying?
Sure. I can understand anyone reading this and thinking 'Christ, this bloke's holding a grudge'.

The truth is Mr Marsh hasn't offended me in any way other than the stuff I've already mentioned.

I spent a year sourcing my truck and another 6 months organising shipment back to the UK, which involved booking a cheap flight to Montana to oversee the process so everything went right.

When the truck arrived at my house there wasn't a mark on it - it arrived in exactly the same condition I last saw it in the USA.

What boils my blood is that Mr Marsh took something that's very close and extremely personal to me and abused it. Not only that he sabotaged it in order to make extra work for himself. That's serious stuff in my books. It went to him undamaged and came back scraped and abused. I mean - how would you feel?

There's no hidden agenda - it's a simple case of me telling the complete truth and nothing more.

If Marsh has nothing to hide then let's hear from him. You can bet your life he's reading what's been said on here.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.