Washington state - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2008, 12:19 AM
Lrpasco

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Washington state

Ok im a nut for finding old cars and parts in the middle of nowhere like up in the hills and such. Im NOT one that will go on posted private property without permission but what are some of your findings you currently know of or knew about in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Rust Buster

Last journal entry: birthday surprise
Last photo:

Old salvage yard about a mile from me closed in 1969. My father and I tried for years to buy the cars and trucks, but the owner would not sell. We started in 1986 and tried all the way up to about 2 years ago. No Luck. Owner died last year and his kids just sold them about 6 months ago. I didn't know until it was too late. A local salvage yard bought them $300 bucks each. 281 cars, crushed only 15. The rest are being dismantled, good parts tagged and listed on the net. Oldest is a 1929 or 1930 chevy truck, newest 67 goat. He is going to run some on ebay. Has titles to about 150 of the cars. I went out to his place and it is like driving into a time warp in the section he put all of these cars at. I will try to get some pics next time I am up there. Jerry
Old 01-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Lrpasco

Last photo:

I have the 1924ish model t cab and 1923 model t c cab that i got from my aunt and uncle. I remember as a kid my aunt was clearing brush in their back yard (they lived up in the hills) and found these. She planted flowers in them and the brush over grew them again. Years went by until i remembered about those and called them to see if they were still there. They said they were going to give them to the scrap yard soon so i got them at the right time. They said i could have them so it was road trip time.

I have pics of them in my profile.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:36 PM

Last journal entry: Body mods
Last photo:

Posted or not, I won't trespass.
Speaking of Washington, last year one of my interns from near Spokane was telling me about an old car in his grandpas barn. It turns out to be a 1930 Ford rumbleseat coupe I guess. It has been in there since the 60s.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Lrpasco

Last photo:

My grandpa has a early 30s ford with a rumble seat south of seattle a ways. He restored it about 10 years ago to original condition down to the same collor of single stage paint and everything. Someone stole it and damaged the paint so he took it apart to restore it again and never got around to finishing it. It took 8 years to get him to sell this model a i have to me so maby in 8 more i can buy that from him. lol.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Got Ouzo for touzo

Last photo:

About 30 minutes North of Sand Point (I would assume you know where I'm talking about) There is a guy whos got 100's of pre '70 cars. I've stopped there plenty of times. Its a old junk yard, I think they still do some work. If you happen to stop there and somebody is around (not that often) They'll walk you through, and apparently everything is for sale, except the car I wanted last time through a '70 Chevelle Wagon (real nice car), and a car the guy says is a old Barris built Custom.

Make sure you get him to show you the 20's and 30's stuff, its kinda hard to find, and its a bit of a walk, but well worth it.Atleast 50 cars that age last time I stopped, but everytime I do stop the numbers are dropping.

Like a seen out of Deliverance awaits if you go into the shop though, just a warning.

bonuts
Old 01-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Rust Buster

Last journal entry: birthday surprise
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATS NEST
I have the 1924ish model t cab and 1923 model t c cab that i got from my aunt and uncle. I remember as a kid my aunt was clearing brush in their back yard (they lived up in the hills) and found these. She planted flowers in them and the brush over grew them again. Years went by until i remembered about those and called them to see if they were still there. They said they were going to give them to the scrap yard soon so i got them at the right time. They said i could have them so it was road trip time.

I have pics of them in my profile.
LOVE THE 47 PANEL!!!!!!!! Jerry
Old 01-07-2008, 07:34 PM

I live just north of Spokane, and here are two cars that I found http://www.classicnation.com/2007/01...-classic-cars/

I see old classic cars out in fields and in the trees all the time. They sure are fun to come across!

---Evan
Old 01-08-2008, 05:21 AM
Artful Dodger

Last journal entry: From behind
Last photo:

It just makes me wish there were more people out there with the same passion & vision that you guys have.
It breaks my heart to see those vehicles rotting away.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.