Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - water in compressed air, what do i need?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:54 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406 ss monte
i put on one of the water separator/oilers thinking that would solve my problem, i was wrong. that little thing is a joke.

Probably nothing wrong with it, under the circumstances you are describing there is just no way it can do it's job and a more expensive one of the same type probably would do no better. There are several major factors that commonly contribute to water in the air and it seems from what you said that you are afflicted with all of them! First and the most important is to forget working straight off of the compressor and install some metal (NOT PVC!!!! ) piping, about 50' of at least 1/2", and place that water separator at the end of that as far from the compressor as you can get it. This line needs to be run properly and with traps/drains installed but it is not difficult to do nor terribly expensive. Use the search function to do a search for water in air lines and you should find a bunch of ways to do this, almost certainly there will be something there to solve your problem.