Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Water In Compressor Pump
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 09:16 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Since you are getting moisture from condensation in your compressor crankcase the piston rings have to be worn to let the moisture get past them . The water should all be in the tank. And to comment on sqzbox post . Having been a heavy equipment mechanic for over 25 years I can tell you that how the system works is that the air governor contols the air pressure . When the air pressure reaches the adjusted setting air is sent to the air compressor unloader valve which then holds the intake valves on the compressor open and also sends air to the air dryer dump valve which discharges all the water from the bottom of the air dryer . A check valve on the output of the air dryer keeps the air in the air tank. When air pressure from the airtank to the air governor drops to the kick on pressure, the governor closes and discharges the air pressure to the unloader valve and air dryer dump and the compressor starts making pressure again. Hey, how about we put an air drier from a semi-tractor on our air systems ? It would work, but they are expensive. If I was still in the body shop business I would do it though .