Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Water In Compressor Pump
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 05:56 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
We have a few semi truck bone yards around here whats inside the semi air dryer????
There is a cannister inside of the dryer that has dessicant and a filter to catch debris . Air comes in the bottom and out the top. Best feature is that it blows out the water at each cycle of the compressor. It could be plumbed in parallel with the moisture ejector on the bottom of your air tank. You do have one of those, I assume. The dessicant and filter can be bought in a kit to be replaced periodically as needed . Very easily serviced and seldom needs done unless you have a lot of oil pumping out of your compressor which plugs up the dessicant . Also a hose can be attached to the air dump valve to direct it wherever you want . If I wasn't retired, I'd get one from one of our out of service pieces of equipment for myself. Wish I would have thought of it a year and a half ago. Hindsight is always 20/20 . Hope this helps ...Allan