Hot Rod Forum banner

water pump fitting leaking

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  M&M CUSTOM 
#1 ·
I bought a new Summit polished aluminum water pump and i think the heater hose fitting is leaking. I am getting anti-freeze seeping out from that area. I thought it may have been the heater hose so i replaced it. The fitting was seeled from the factory with a Teflon paste. I reinstalled it with Teflon tape twice and it still leaked. This last time i reinstalled it with high temp silicone. I havn't tried it yet. I can't find any cracks in either the pump or fitting. I did replace the fitting this last time too. Any thoughts?

Brian

#4 ·
I would hook up a cooling system pressure tester to her and put her under pressure. Make absolutely sure it's not the hose clamp at the heater hose causing the leak. If it's not the hose return the pump. Like Camaro said, summit is usually very good with exchanges and myself personally I don't take any chances with new parts. Any signs of a possible defect and back it goes while I can still exchange it, it's why they have warrenties. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.